Hard Body

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by sydtoosic, Sep 30, 2012.

1. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

[​IMG]
    IMG_0102 by sydtoosic, on Flickr this stuff is amazing,,, thanx Guys at DD. just one pic of the hood and fender says it all. and i maintain with reload premium.:yikes:

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I am going to assume that Reload makes it stupid slick.......... I love Reload. Any issues with it adhering?

3. sydtoosic

yes sir,,, it definitely has a slicker surface with reload,,, and it streaks like crazy, that's what i hate about it so i have to use my spray bottle with water to wipe it down,,, streaks be damned... yesterday i diluted the reload 1 part water 2 parts reload,,, just to test it. haven't had a chance to try it yet. hope it doesn't compromise the integrity of the reload.

4. Kilo6_one

yeah, I had that issue when I used it with Cquarts. What I do is I take it and put it in a different bottle like you, but I take a moist MF towel to spread it around, helps it flash off more even without streaks. The towel is almost dry. I use a spray bottle to mist the towel.

5. sydtoosic

thanx for the info,,, i am definitely going to try your method,,, it's the same method when applying aquartz titanium,,, using a damp microfiber towel.....why didn't i think of that... thanx again.

6. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Awesome finish, Now take it through a tunnel wash a few times and see if it's truly scratch resistant.:thumb:

7. gthal

gthal Two Bucket System Washer

I had issues with streaking with Reload on black cars until I diluted it. 1 to 1 with water and I have had no issues at all.

8. Kilo6_one

Always wondered about diluting it, its not a cheap product...........

9. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Great pic! Really captures Hard Body's insane gloss.

10. sydtoosic

uuuuhhhh,,, NO. don't think i'll attempt it. there's a video of a guy scratching a car with a cigarette lighter that has Hard Body applied, the Hard Body side didn't seem to have any scratches. but no i'll stay away from the scratch test.

11. sydtoosic

will it compromise the durability by diluting it???

12. Kilo6_one

Think about it this way, it recommends on the bottle to use on the wet car, so obviously water is a carrier agent. But it does not state how wet, are we talking drenched or light beading after most of the water has shed. So obviously there is an imperfect science to this product and its use of water and how much. Id be hesitant about diluting it and storing it as such, but I don't think diluting a batch to be immediately used would hurt.

As I stated Its pricey and I would love to dilute it, but I found what works for me.. Like you said, apply it like Aquartz.

13. wheelzntoys01

wheelzntoys01 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I don't see on the directions to use on wet car. Car should be IPA'd before use unless you use S&S.

14. sydtoosic

it states on the aquartz website that you can spray on a wet car. after you dry you can spray water on the panel you are about to apply reload on, or if there is little water left on that panel,,, just spray and wipe, then wipe with dry MF towel.

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

We should stick with the subject matter (Hard Body) then it won't be so confusing.