Hand Pump Sprayers Galore!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Denzil, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Well, I began my search for the hand-pump sprayers that Carlos uses for his P21S TAW and Wheel Cleaner Gel and I found a bunch of sites with similar-looking sprayers. I'm sure they all function the same but the question is whether how well they actually perform and how resistant they are to chemicals such as P21S.

Anyway, I was too lazy to make that decision for myself and just decided to post a bunch of links for them so you all could make the decision for yourself if you're interested in purchasing some of these. Enjoy!

Keep in mind this was a fairly quick Google search. Eventually at some point in time, I'll sift through all the links and figure out where I'll get mine. One of the links is through Ace Hardware which is great since it's OTC. I think it would be anyone's best bet so long as the sprayer performs as desired. :thumb:

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

4. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Hey, Denzil, there are some decent looking ones at Big Lots if there's one in your area. i think they're about $4. MadOzodi had picked some up...maybe he'll chime in or you can send hime a PM. Thought I'd mention it...

5. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Ace hardware has a couple of these too.

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hey Denzil, like DJ_Jonny said, the ones from Big Lots are decent but the spray adjustability leaves a bit to be desired. For $4 I like the pump sprayer a lot. I've been eyeing that Solo 419 to get deep into the wells with some TAW. USPlastic is always a good place to shop, expecially if you need some 1oz. gallon pump dispensers, spray triggers/bottles, etc.; the full function sprayer seems to be the most versatile. I'll personally be placing an order soon and will pick up at least one to do a comparo against the Big Lots sprayer I already have.

Thanks for posting the links!

:thumb:

7. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job Denzil! Much appreciated!

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

You're all welcome guys!

I'm thinking I'll hit up Ace Hardware and Big Lots this week myself for those sprayers. The ones that Carlos (Nica) has look pretty nice and I'd like to get some sort of verdict to see if they're really worth all that money from Ditchek.com. Again, I know, they are just sprayers after all but it would put me at ease to know for sure what's the best buy for all of us.

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I bought mine from Lowes and Home Depot. They're the green garden sprayer and it works quite well. I think it was around $7 for it too :)

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I guess I'll grab one from Home Depot and Lowe's as well.

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

US Plastics doesn't have their Full Feature sprayer in stock; I'll order once they notify me.

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Alrighty, please let us know what you think of it when you get it! :)

I'll work on getting an OTC review/comparison going from Big Lots, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Lowe's once I get my hands on them. I think I might stop by Wal-Mart and Target to see if they have anything to offer as well.

13. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

USPlastics Full Function Sprayer ordered. Hopefully it'll get here before this weekend as I plan on giving my Dad a full detail on his 535i for Father's Day.

15. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

[​IMG]

Is that the Spray you ordered? There is the Full Mist and the Full Function, any big differences?

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Nope, I ordered the other one with the black handle. Since it holds less and looks smaller in the picture, I figured that's the one...got it because it's supposed to have a foam setting.

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Quick update:

I just picked up sprayers from Home Depot and Ace Hardware. I'm still thinking of picking one up from Lowe's, USPlastics, Ditchek, and Solo. It's getting costly, LoL. I plan on returning the ones I dislike (only the OTC ones) and am hoping that the ones I do order online, I will like.

I did go to the Big Lots in my area and I was about to purchase a sprayer from there but after staring at it for a while, I realized that it was way too cheap (in quality) to even consider it in my comparison (just seemed like a waste of time to me).

Anyway, I just ordered a 5 liter of P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel and TAW from Phil, so I'll be waiting for those to do my tests with these sprayers.

18. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Good lord Denzil. 5 liters. drool.
    :applause2:

19. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

I will visit lowes and pick up a few, I need to use one for some sort of citrus degreaser.

20. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

LOL Denzil, you're outta control. Good to hear your initial impression re: the BL sprayer. For the amount of $$$ I paid, I wasn't expecting much, but it still beat squeezing a trigger over and over.

What are you up to, like $100 in sprayers? :lol: