Hair Removal

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by er1k, Mar 25, 2008.

1. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

When cleaning the interior of a car, the most stressful part for me is getting all the hair out, especially if you have black interior. So how do you get all the cat/dog hair out of the carpets?

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Meguiars sells a brush geared towards pet hair removal..

3. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Got a link?

4. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

not off hand but i bet you can get the same rubber brush at any pet store

5. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I use rubber gloves and just rub my hand over the hair creating a little bit of friction. I get the hair in a nice pile and just vacuum it up. I've tried everything and this has been the best method by far.

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I used my Dyson to vacuum my car to get rid of all the cat hair my friend's coat left in it.

7. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

On the CG website they have a roller thing that grabs up all the hair, but do you think it can slowly rip up the carpeting in the car also?

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Removal of animal hair (Carpets):
    1. Solution 10:1 Fabric Softener / Distilled water. Its anti-static properties help to release the hairs from the carpets fibres. The scent will actually help to destroy odour since most contain anti-bacterial agents.
    2. Distilled water / Woolite 10:1
    Powerful Vacuum
    A pair of household rubber or latex gloves

Techniques used:
    1.Vacuum the area first. This will remove any loose hair and surface dirt.
    2.Wet area down with the fabric softener mix, but do not soak.
    3.Allow to dwell for 5-10 minutes.
    4.Turn your vacuum on and place the nozzle at an angle close to the area to be worked. With one hand, rub the carpet with some pressure in a sweeping motion towards the nozzle. The hair should pile up. I now lightly spray the area with a solution 10:1 Fabric Softener / Distilled water