Gyeon Quartz: Q2M Bathe+ Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by GlossAngeles, Oct 8, 2014.

1. GlossAngeles

GlossAngeles New Member

[SIZE=11.5pt]Gyeon Quartz Bathe+ is a silica infused, pH neutral, highly concentrated shampoo.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt][​IMG][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]How to Use[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Used as any normal shampoo. Dilutes 500:1 in your wash bucket.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] $21.95[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Size: [/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt]13.525oz[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Price/oz:[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] $1.62[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Cleaning Ability[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Pretty good. Safe enough to not harm delicate finishes, but strong enough to be able to tackle bugs and even mildly dirty wheels. Perfect maintenance wash product.[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Scent[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Nothing great. Reminiscent of glue but VERY faint.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Slickness[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]EXTREMELY slick. Due to the protection this product it is adding as you wash the surface becomes very slick and contamination is safely emulsified as to not mar the finish.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Foam[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]The foam actually was not that great. Does not dwell very long via foam cannon and suds dissipate pretty quickly in the wash bucket.[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Protection[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]This is where this product stands out. We have used wash and wax products before and have never really been a fan of them for various reasons. But this is not your average wash and wax shampoo. You are not leaving behind a simple wax, you are leaving behind a layer of durable SiO2 AKA silica. Yes, that is the same chemical compound that make coatings so amazing. The water sheeting and beading capabilities this product creates is absolutely ridiculous.[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Ease of Use[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]As easy as any high end automotive shampoo. The pH neutral aspect allows you to wash without worrying about it drying on the finish and/or damaging the finish, and it rinses off effortlessly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Durability[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Stated to last 6 weeks. This is a bit hard to believe, mainly due to it being so easy, but time will tell. Also stated to be immune to anything from 2-11 on the pH scale which is absolutely mind blowing for a shampoo.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Pros[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Amazing protection[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Slick formula[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Good cleaning ability[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Good concentration[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Con[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Price, it is a little high, but that is comparing it to a normal shampoo, which this is in an entirely different league from. However, on a professional level it wouldn't be your go to shampoo, but would definitely have a place in your arsenal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Conclusion[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]This shampoo is an amazing advancement in detailing technology, the ability to have a layer of SiO2 by simply washing your vehicle is enough to buy this product. Extremely slick with a good cleaning ability just strengthen this products merits. There are hardly any downfalls to Gyeon Bathe+ and we would recommend it to anyone and everyone.[/SIZE]

Jeepbroner likes this.
  2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the honest review! I find Gyeon's products pretty interesting and hopefully I'll be able to try them in the future.

3. StreetShotz

StreetShotz New Member

I think I may need to order some of this up and give it a try on the IS.
    It sounds like a great product and I would love to see if it hold up to the weather/junk that gets on my car on a daily basis.

Thanks for the review!