Gtechnique C2

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Kilo6_one, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

G Technique C2............ Please discuss.

Who has used it?
    Do you like it?
    Strengths and weakness?
    Ease of Application?
    Longevity?
    Compared too..........?

Basically its this or Wolfs Nano Sealant. Cost is not a factor, they seem to be about the same.

Your thoughts.

Thanks

2. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Used it. Pretty easy to use, always flashes dry. Using a microfiber works well but Bryansbestwax also said a foam applicator works. Durability not sure but it beaded for the last 2 months on most panels (sides get mud, dirt etc. which always degrades everything I use on them). Beading was not as strong as a new application, but I have only applied it once, and on a few cars I did, and the iPad, iPhone, and glass panels.

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Never used it full strength and I have no intention to (although I like having the option), but I LOVE it at 20:1 or 15:1 as a wax-as-you-dry type of product. It spreads nicely and I rarely have to flip the towel to the other side to buff dry. Durability is excellent...I find it to be more resistant to windshield washer fluid (when I use it on windshield) than Opt Car Wax or DG Aqua Wax. Looks best on silver vehicles and unbelievably streak-free on glass.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im sort of ruling it out, it seems like its a glorified sealant and not on the same level as Aquartz or Wolfs when it comes to longevity.......... cool bottles though LOL

5. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I used it straight on my brother's m3 as an LSP. It has been a few months now and beading is still holding strong. It has been wiped down once with a 20:1 dilution after a wash as GTechniq recommends. I still have to see if it actually lasts the reported 8 months lol.

6. F. Premens

F. Premens Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use it in 1:20 dilution and imo is the best booster I tried so far, I put a layer on my cars after every wash.