Group Buy on Gtechniq????

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jan 31, 2010.

?

What would you like to see from Gtechniq

1. Exterior Paint Protectants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Interior Products

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Glass Treatment

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Trim Restoration

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. The Complete Line

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

LMK what you all think I may bring this line in...but would like to see the interests first.

So far I tried the trim restorer looks great (OEM matte finish)
    Glass treatment - still would like to use it on a few other cars.

C4 Permanant Trim Restorer - $33.00 (15ml)

3S nano composite coating. Restores trim to “as new” condition without altering gloss level. Strong UV absorption filter and chemical bond ensures maximum durability with a single application typically maintaining a flawless finish for up to two years.

What's special about Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer?
    C4 utilises a covalent or chemical bond to actually become an extension of the plastic molecule it's protecting. Not to be confused with much weaker electrostatic bonds used by, amongst others, ptfe based polymers C4 actually swaps part of its molecular structure with the surface molecules of your car's trim.

What this means is that you now have a protective coating of unparalleled durability. Unlike many trim products on the market C4 is an exceptionally thin (circa 30nm) optically clear film which means that it does not add an unattractive gloss film to the surface instead it restores all but the most faded trim to an as new condition. You can expect approximately 2 years from a single application.

[​IMG]

C2 is a latecomer to our lineup and a bit of a dark horse. Seemingly a quick detailer product but in reality offering very impressive protection. 80m2 per L.

What's special about Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal Concentrate?
    C2 can be used as a standalone coating or as a top-up product. Used as a concentrate inorganic C2 bonds electrostatically to your car's paintwork thereby offering exceptional durability. But durability on its own is not enough. A world-class coating needs to offer great shine, UV protection and water and dirt repellency. C2 does all of this with single application of concentrate lasting for as long as six months.

How do I use it?
    As a top-up product C2 should be diluted (7% product to water) in a spray bottle and used once every 4 washes. It can be applied to a still wet car and then chamoised off or for best results after the car has been dried and simply spray onto the surface and buff with a microfibre cloth. As a standalone coating C2 should be buffed onto a dry car with a microfibre cloth.

[​IMG]

C3 Smart Carnauba - $19.99 0.5l

The no tools, no fuss, superfast way to smooth deep gloss finish. Professional long lasting results for all paintwork. Use on wet or dry surfaces. Also great for vinyl, plastics, tyres, dash. Won't harm or stain porous plastics. One product does it all. Use with a pSystem zero buff cloth for best results. 80m2 per L

What's special about Gtechniq C3 Smart Carnauba?
    As used on the most expensive car ever to sell at auction. In a nutshell C3 offers the look, feel and durability of high end carnauba paste wax in a relatively inexpensive quick detailing type spray. Customers who have switched from using a well known brand of concourse winning paste wax have remarked how their cars not only looked wetter and shinier but stayed cleaner for longer.

But that C3 offers a great shine with little effort on your car's paintwork is selling it short as C3 can be used on many other surfaces including your car's dash and door cards plus brushed stainless where it prevents staining from finger prints, as well as on chrome and vinyl to name a few.

Furthermore C3 is also very effective at removing bug splatter and general surface cleansing. The Swiss army knife of detailing products? We think so!
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you would like to see....

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Love to see the glass sealant as well as C2

3. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

G1, G3, G4, W2 and their MF's (curious about how good the MF1 is at ~$1.50)

Possibly P1 and Cx in the future, using Opt for now.

4. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

$33 dollars for 1/2 of an ounce for the trim product? One half of an ounce.. For reference a shot glass is an ounce and a half

I suppose if we held each manufacturer structly to all of their claims many of us would have some pretty decent let-downs

Aside from "yea we had it on a car.." type response do you have any personal experience or actual reports with durability?

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

personally i just applied a few of their products if I were to test it long term we would not bring the product in it would take months, years to find out. lol

6. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

There are some extended-time usage reports on DW.

7. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

I got 2pcs MF1 from Gtechniq, If im not wrong the cloth 20/80. Absolutely far better than other all purposes MFs lol. Its isnt plushy at all, both sides are short nap and very soft.

IMO, G3 is like rain repellent. C2 standalone is like sealant, however we can dilute it 7:93 as QD. I have not use my C1 & C3 yet. TBH, C1 is like opt coating, its like put a new layer on the paint surface.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

put me down for C2 and C3... the coating if you can get it

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

the permanent trim restorer would be GREAT. id definitely get that.

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

i would like the trim restorer as well, but the price is a bit much for so little.

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I would say most of the exterior products!

12. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Interested in the whole line if they live up to claims. No info about the paint sealants? Or leather treatment? I mean sure trim/glass is great but I want to know about paint hehe. ;)

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I think I'm going to wait to hear more user experiences before I invest in another brand name...

14. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Hmm, have never heard about them, but looks to be pretty interesting products. I definitely wouldnt mind trying a few of those out.

15. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

Interesting, I was interested in this line and hoping to see it available in the US.

Would like to see the complete line or at least most of the Exterior products.

16. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I'd like to see the entire line brought in. I'd especially like to get my hands on that polish. :applause2:

17. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

18. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I would be your first customer if you stocked this stuff. I was going to order from Nanolex but they refused to ship to the states. I got a PM from Rob at Gtechniq and he said that they would ship out here so I was planning on letting the bank accounts replenish a bit and ordering it from him. If you were to stock it at DD though, I would rather support you.

19. Vader007

Vader007 Virgin Detailer

Interested in the whole line, I would like to try one of each.
    The trim restore and glass sealant would be first.
    I hope you are still considering bringing in this line Phil.

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

INterested in trying C4, as well as C1, and C5.