Griots or rupes

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Delgiorno12, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

Looking at getting another DA, with the major price difference is it worth getting a rupes or just go with the griots? Price isn't an issue just want to make sure it's really worth it

2. sulla

sulla Virgin Detailer

price isnt an issue ? easy....rupes

3. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Yeah, it's worth it...the Griots is a good machine, but thats like saying a Honda is a good car...sure, it is...but if you could afford a lambo, would you even look at a honda?

It is worth it in basically every way I see possible...unless you ONLY will be detailing your personal cars, and it is to blow off steam, then the griots may be better...it will allow you to spend more time with your cars, lol!

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If money is no issue, then Rupes for sure. The lack of vibration is worth the $400.

5. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

awesome thanks guys just wanted to see some opinions i heard great things about it, but wanted to see if it was really worth the money guess ill be picking that up

6. gocanes

gocanes Virgin Detailer

My old setup was a Dynabrade head on a Dewalt for larger panels and a PCXP for smaller ones. I swapped the PCXP for a GG gen3 and couldn't be happier. Much more powerful than the PCXP, imo. I love the Dynabrade, but I have a Rupes 21 on order just to see what the hype is all about. I'll sell one of the 2 depending on how the Rupes performs.

7. 911Fanatic

Might as well list the Dynabrade for sale now.

8. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Bye bye, Dynabrade. Have used that Dewalt + DB setup and compared to Rupes its not even even. DB just vibrates so much and was way less manageable than the Rupes. Rupes was way easier to use as well with better results!

9. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

I agree with the others... If money isn't an issue the rupes is a no brainer.

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Decided to place an order for the Rupes LHR 15E from Esoteric Car Care I am excited to try it out

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

^ where have you been Danny? long time no see on the forums...lol

12. 911Fanatic

Bryan sent me one of his to try. In all honesty, it took about 4 seconds for me to decide that I was going to get one. Simply a no brainer.

13. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Been out of the detailing game for a bit but I am back again man:)

That's awesome Ken thanks for letting me know, I always like to here your input on products and tools it helps me feel a bit more reassured on the purchase knowing you give it a thumbs up. I sold my Flex PE14-2 and just decided to give this a go. The system seems promising and if truly does save time at the same time compared to regular rotary polishing then that too is also great. I just have to now get something to use for polishing the smaller/tighter panels. I just ordered some Adams hand polishing pads and Adams Revive polish for the mean time from Phil to hold me over for the small sections until I decided what tool Ill be getting to use with my 4" pads. I was thinking the little 3" griots d/a or possibly the Rupes LHR 75 depending on how much I like the LHR 15E I still would have to check the specs out on my air compressor to see if it can be used with it.

14. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Cant wait to hear how the Rupes compares to the PE14 man.

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You want to compare a rotary to a dual action?

16. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

well the Flex PE is smoother that the Rupes IME. Just that it doesn't finish as well as the rupes can.

17. cbdr19

cbdr19 Virgin Detailer

Refund money is getting here in a few days.. Rupes for sure.

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

19. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

In smoothness. I was on the fence between buying a Rupes15 or a Flex PE14, i already have a Griots DA so i decided that the Flex was the best bet for me because id be able to tackle any job. (Going legit LLC with my detailing company soon)

I realize they are completely different machines, but the biggest reason i wanted a rotary was the smoothness and the ability to correct more and faster.

The flex cant finish as well- as easily as the rupes can. Technically, and i mean very very technically, lol, A rotary's forced mechanical rotation diminishes polish abrasives in a more consistent manner than a DA because of the uniform mechanical motion. This actually give's a rotary the ability to level the paint more consistently.

Again, we are talking a small margin. While rotaries are much harder to finish with, they can product just as good of a result. Just is alot harder to.

20. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I should have waited to order from you I placed an order with Esoteric Car Care for the Rupes LHR 15E the same day I placed the order with you for the Adams hand polishing pads and Adams Revive polish. I have still yet to receive any sort or notification stating my order has been shipped or have a tracking number sent to me. You just can't compare your customer service to theirs. I just hope he has sent it out yet. I called and left a message hopefully if has been shipped if not ill cancel the order and place it with you; which I should have done in the first place