Griot's Glass Sealant

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by DJBAILEY, Jun 15, 2012.

1. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I purchased a bottle of Griot's Glass Sealant a few weeks ago when it was on sale on AG thinking that I was buying the Adam's Polishes Glass Sealant. I've seen a bunch of detail write ups on some high end cars where the detailer used the Adam's glass sealant, so it had me curious and I wanted to try it. I've used it on the last 2 details I've done the past 2 weekends and it really seems like rebottled RainX. Smells the same, applies the same, hazes over the same and removes the same way. I just saw the VW Beetle that I did last weekend and the windshield has no slickness. Only has been rained on 1 time, no washes yet. The side windows had Reload applied and they are still very slick.

I didn't try it out on my own cars first like I usually do because I've got Wolf's Glass Guard on all 3 of my family cars. So I am worried that the Griot's Glass Sealant isn't anything beter than RainX.

Has anyone had good experiences with the Griot's Glass Sealant? Is the durability any good?

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

No personal experience, I've been using gtechniq g1, and wolf glass guard. No experience with Adam's glass sealant either and although I really like Adams products, just have got a chance to try it.

3. nymisano

nymisano Virgin Detailer

Can't speak about Griots, but Adam's glass sealant is nothing like RainX. Last's *far* longer, works better, keeps glass cleaner, doesn't make wipers chatter.

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Adams is good stuff, I was curious about Griots sealent myself.

5. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Ok. Sometimes Griots and Adam's products look very similar, but I see that the Adam's Glass sealant is twice the price of the Griot's so it's probably a different product. The car's owner said that rain started fly off around 40 mph. He said it was not as impressive as the Wolf's Glass Guard that I've applied to his other 2 cars. I'll check with him in a month. RainX has never last more than a month when I used to use it years ago.

6. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

I had similar results with the Griots with the smearing and durability. Adam's worked way better.

7. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Maybe Phil can answer your question about the Adams glass sealant

In his earlier write ups, he was using the Adams glass sealant, before when wolfs glass guard arrived on the market

Now he keeps using the wolfs and I don't see many write ups featuring the Adams glass sealant

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I have no experience with the GG glass sealant, but I can speak for the Rain-X. I made a video of how I applied it last year and how it looked after 2 months of use. It's almost dead now, but it's still present no my car. So, I claim error of application for everyone who says Rain-X lasts only 2 weeks or one month or any very short period of time. In fact, My windshield has Aquapel on it and it is dying out more than the Rain-X on the rest of my windows. This is understandable because that's where washer fluid and crap gets stuck the most, but still. Rain-X is holding up it's own very well, it just needs to be applied properly.