Grime Reaper & Premium Blue

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cooter, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I got 16oz of each in a trade. Just wondering if both of these dilute or if you just use them at regular strength. If you can, what do you recommend as a dilution ratio?

Heath:devil:

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Premium blue is 1:1....
    Grime reaper is like 1gal of GR can make 5-8 gal... So u do the ratio on that, I suck at them.

They were both kind of a let down for me.... Had sample of PB and I still love me some megs wheel brite!!! Grime I got now, using for tires and wheel arches and doesn't seem to cut dirt like an "acid"

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

What about as a degreaser under the hood?

Dust, i suck at math too. Is there 128oz in a gallon? So that would be like 1/8 of a gallon. Man, i might just trade it hehehe

4. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I love grim reaper. But I like to cut it 1:1 or a bit more water. It remove dirt really nice

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thanks Pirex!!

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I know CG says 1 gallons gives you 5-8. But thats a bit marketing, seems cheaper tha way. But I guess that 16 oz bottle can give you 3 16 oz bottles. Take the one full strenght in a bigger bottle, and add 2 16 oz bottles with water.

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Ok guys if 1 gallon of product can make 5 when diluted thats a 1:4 mix. 1 part product (1 gallon) and 4 parts water = 5 gallons of finished product. So if it says 1 gallon of product makes "X" number of gallons just subtract 1 from the "X" number and thats the dilution rate wether it be gallons or ounces. Its a ratio so doesn't matter the unit of measure.

Now I use Grime reaper 1:4 and it does fine on wheel wells, tires and engines. It could be a little stronger so on my next mixture I might go 1:2.

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I do 1:1.5 and it works like a charm... When comparing the price to P21s TAW I may I may revert back to 1:1 so I will not need to worru about "what it will handle"... 1: 1 and you are set for it all!!

9. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Never had any experience with Grime Reaper but I do have Premium Blue and I will say that I feel it's an okay product. It will tackle the dirty wheels except excessive brake dust. I still have yet to try out P21s Wheel Gel though.