Got rain on

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by t-bird, Feb 12, 2008.

1. t-bird

t-bird Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Ok my son has a BMW 3M the leather got wet when he left the window down. And now the leather has got hard . What can i do to fix the problem.

2. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

leatherique. or some other good leather cleaner/conditioner combo should make the leather soft again

3. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree with ggk...you may need several conditioning applycations to bring the leather back to life.

Leatherique is a good product, I haven't used it my self but many members here will vouch for it, I've used Lexol, works quite well and so far I'm plased with it.

Hope this helps :peace:

4. t-bird

t-bird Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks a lot ggk and Nica I will try some/ Should i use a soft brush or a good rag.

5. Twista616

Twista616 Virgin Detailer

use a soft brush...perferable a horse hair brush. Go to the local shoe polish store, if you have one...and find one of those brushes...lightly massage it into the leather...don't "scrub" it in...goodluck!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with Twista616, but when it comes to conditioning the leather here is what I do..now key here is that this is just how I like to do it...may not work for you but I'm quite please with it.

I get my 1000W lights and heat up the leather after they have been cleaned with Leather Cleaner. Once the leather is nice and worm I massage the Leather Conditioner on to the leather, let it sit for a bit, when I say a bit I usually leave it on for about 30min or so but that's just me. Then come back and wipe off I find that there isn't much to wipe off.

Well just what I like to do, just sharing that's all.

7. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

never done the light thing everytime i use leatehrique i usually have the seat out and i leave them in the sun for a couple hours, massage the conditioner in and then leave them out for a couple more hours and they are good to go! my friends 84 jag seats look brand new thanks to some dying and leatherique(they look as good as they did coming off the show room floor, maybe better)

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh I agree with you and using the sun but here in Canada only in the summer it gets hot to do that and most of the time I'm detailing indoors so your sun is my lights lol but yes same idea...oh good that's two people that I know that do the same :thumb:

I like this method really gives the leather nice moisture look and completely repleneshis the leather..well at least I see it that way :shrug:

9. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

ill ask my friend to snap a couple pics of the seats in his jag. they look fantastic when we did them 4 years ago.(mind you the car doesnt get driven, not even finished)