Got my 3M Backing Plates in!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by FMINUS, Nov 20, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

2 yellows and 2 greys!

[​IMG]

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Sounds good! Can't wait to see pics :D

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Fminus, where did you get them from?

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Man your always one step ahead of me bro :lol:

I should be getting mine shortly too :beerbang:

So um...where the pics :popcorn: :waiting:

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Its up!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh nice..I ordered the yellow..I think :confused: let me know what your thoughts are on the grey one :thumb:

Looking good there buddy...is that all you ordered? I thought you ordered more goodies from the place.

It's the only pad I use, they are so soft and totally level out the pads...I wish they had a larger one about 7inch or so....it would work great with the wool pads :wicked: But then again wool pads are a bit soft..mmm...I wonder how it would work with wool pads....mmm...need to get my self some Menzerna wool pads they are 6inches and work great..soon they will be here ;)

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Did you already order the 6" wool pads? I need some of their 5" foam pads. Let me know if you haven't!

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Those are the same pads Paul Dalton is using, right? You got 4 of them? Nice!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I ordered a bunch of the Menzerna pads..um...yes a case of each :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: mmmm..I think :confused: and about a dozen of wool pads and some other stuff but I can't remember what exactly I ordered :chest:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

FMINUS - So which is softer? Yellow or Grey? Feel them out buddy...man handle them and then let us know :lol2:

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

alright guys, where did you get this stuff, I feel like spending some money.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

those plates look interesting :D

13. Nica

Nica Banned

The backing plates them selves are really cheap, it's the shipping that costs a bit more then the pads..:duh:

I got mine from Rich owner of Polished Bliss, if I'm not mistaken I think Phil from Detailers Domain can get these pads too. He has some nice contacts over at the UK, don't you Phil :chitchat:

14. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Dont spend all of it. We still gotta make that trip up to Phil for the special stuff.

15. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

those are sweet.. where did you order them from? they look sweet

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I got them from carters in the UK. I think 4 plates w shipping came out to like $130? maybe more?

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

just checked on the site, they are 18.56 GBP each.

18. Calgarydetail

whats the site? i cant seem to find it.

TIA

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

20. Calgarydetail