Good Spray Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by ps3king, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

Hi Guys,

When you have clients who just want the basic wash and wax package instead of using one of your good nuba's ist here a good spray wax you can put on the car that is not only fast but effective?

Applying a carnauba takes quite a bit of time compared to spray and wipe. So are there any spray and wipe waxes that give some amount of beading?

thanks,

-Waseem

2. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

duragloss aquawax =]

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

opt car wax gets my vote

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Either of the above are great choices.

5. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Optimum Car Wax or Opti-Seal. are both great. Opti-Seal is Wipe on Walk Away.

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Opt car wax, or use an easy on off paste like wet obsession

7. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

whats the difference between Opti Seal and Optimum Car wax? Opti-seal appears to be close to double the price for half the quantity....

8. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Ultima paint gaurd plus and optiseal are two very good wipe on walk away products that are great for situations that you mentioned.

As for spray waxes AW and OCW are good. AW is a bit more user friendly in my opinion. That doesnt mean OCW is hard to use but i get streak every once and a while when working in the sun. I never get streaks with AW. Another great spray wax that isnt talked about much is Megs Ultimate Quik Wax. Works great in the sun also.

If you want a bit more protection than those you should look into the Trigger line by jeffs werkstatt. Acrylic Jett Trigger is awesome stuff.

EDIT: I just read your above post. Optiseal offers more and longer lasting protection than any of those spray waxes. It also has a different form of application. You simply wipe it on as thinly as possible. Thats it, it will flash off itself. Hence the acronym WOWA instead of WOWO

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Opti-seal is a sealant, Optimum Spray wax is just that, a spray wax with about 2-3 weeks duribility.

10. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Werkstat Carnauba Jett

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

optimum car wax, duragloss aquawax.

Werkstat acrylic jett trigger is a spray on, buff off product, but a sealant instead of a wax. would last longer than the two I mentioned before.

12. zachc

zachc Two Bucket System Washer

CG Blitz works too, very similar to Werkstat AJT.

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

14. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Werkstat acrylic jett trigger is exactly what you're looking for. Like roger said, its a spray on buff off product with great looks and good durability. You can't beat it.

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I want to try the Werkstat products

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

What kind of durability are you looking for Waseem? The Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger will give you a few months with one coat, 6 months with two. If yo are going to go this route, make sure that you let your client know they are only getting a decorative finish that won't last long. Nothing will peeve off a client more than paying for a wash and wax only to have the LSP gone in 6 weeks. There are a few sealants, Colli 845, Duragloss 105, Blackfire, that offer great protection and are dead easy to use.

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Then buy them already. What do you want, a sale?

18. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Einzett Glanz Detail Spray

19. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I use optimum car wax. Easy to use, looks great. Cheap and fast. Smells great.

Only thing is if you use too much it streaks. If it is humid, it tends to streak.

I'll be trying Aquawax, hopefully this summer, I still have half a gallon of Optimum to use up.

Opti-seal, also very easy to use. Still need to finish evaluating it. I did an entire car and hardly used much of the bottle. Very economical.

20. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

did i just hear that autowerkes exclusive is having a sale on werkstat products? Great idea! you are the best hahaha :drinking2: