Good Flash?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Like I had posted a few months ago I just started getting into photography and I am absolutely loving it. I have an event coming up where I will be taking pictures in a ballroom with very low light and looking to pick up a good flash, nothing fancy, just something to get the job done. I have been looking on the Ritz website and it looks like they have decent prices. Is Bower a good name? seems to get decent reviews for it's price point. Any recommendations on an affordable/amateur photographer budget? Thanks.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have a Canon 430EX and a 580EX II. Well worth it! See if you can pick up a used on from Craigslist if you want to save a few dollars.

3. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You also might want to look at B&H and Adorama. I buy all of my camera gear at B&H. They also have a used section too.

4. Denzil

Denzil DB Forum Supporter

Check out POTN, you can find some great used flashes there. The demand for used 580EX IIs is pretty intense right now but you can easily find a 430EX.

5. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

have 430 EX and garry fong defuser. works very nicely in house setting. took bunch of pics on xmas and new years of kids at my gf house and they came out great