Golf R - Dealership buff job

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by BigDreZ28, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

Haven't posted in awhile, but I did have a productive year. Made enough cash to take a couple trips and buy a new beater toy that I have always wanted, 96 two door tahoe.

[​IMG]

Not bad at first

[​IMG]

owner said he asked the dealer to fix some defects, unfortunately they returned the car like this

[​IMG]

Decon was straight forward, nice wash, iron and tar removal, claybar. The owner doesn't drive it much so it arrived fairly clean. Nothing to show off there.

[​IMG]

nice holograms

[​IMG]

testers

[​IMG]
    Goal was to remove holograms but I ended up getting about 90% corrected as well. I decided just to charge for a one stager, I saw some readings in the 100-120 range but also some in the 70s and 80s. I only have a basic paint meter, not one that breaks down all the layers so I decided to play it safe since it was clearly buffed pretty hard already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a couple passes with fg400 on a green rupes polish pad with my rupes machines, the 21, bigfoot mini, and ibrid where ever was best for the size of each machine. Followed with a finer pad and sf4500 for good measure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cleaned up and sealed with menzerna powerlock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing.

2. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

I like these car's. Great outcome, and now you have proof to say don't take it to the dealer, bring it to me and let's talk!! Thanks for posting!!

Hoover

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator