Going Mobile. Product Storage and Transportation for $40.00

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by onefastaudi, Jan 16, 2013.

1. onefastaudi

onefastaudi Virgin Detailer

For the time-being, I'm using a sub-letted garage. Thus, I have to bring all my supplies home with me.
    I went to The Container Store and did some hunting. I was ideally looking for something with shelves and separators, but nothing really to be found there. My goal was to have 3-5 separate bins so I could maneuver them around the trunk (I drive a sedan, so not a ton of room). But more importantly, I didn't want any sigle bin to be too heavy.

I already had the under-bed storage bin. That's for all the towels and mit.

Big bin for product and spray bottles (will accomodate 32oz'ers and the 1L Kwazars).

Small bin for pads, both machines, and tools/odds and ends.

Two buckets hold the grit guards and brushes.

And a power washer.

That's everything I need for a full 3 stepper.
    Right now my total bill is at just under $40.00.

Thoughts: The bigger 17qt bin is a bit heavy. I'm going to order some 16oz sample bottles from USP and transfer the liquid products. That will save some weight and open up some more space. I'm also thinking of buying some plastic sheets from Home Depot and plastic welding some dividers. Thoughts on what I could use? First thing that comes to mind is that opaque corrugated plastic they use for fluorescent light fixtures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Looks good!

3. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

nice packing in the boxes.

looks good!

4. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Looks great man. I can store everything in my garage but I'll need to work on organizing/packing my materials better for mobile work. Keep us posted!

5. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

I like that! Nice packing skills.

6. onefastaudi

onefastaudi Virgin Detailer

Believe it or not, the perfect fit was by happenstance.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Your set up for mobile work is almost identical to mine. What I have found is that you will probably never go through more than 16oz of anything other than APC in a day. I carry 16oz bottles of things like glass cleaner, interior cleaner, tire dressing etc. I have a pre-made bottle of APC at 3:1 and carry a 32oz bottle of concentrate which at 3:1 will make a gallon. All polishes are in 8oz bottles. You really need to be realistic about what you will go through. I carry everything I need for a full interior detail and multi step correction including halogens in the back of my Passat Wagen without folding the seats down. I recommend having all the same bins as it will make them easier to stack as well.

8. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wow that is sweet! I might have to get me more bins like those for my van! I was actually trying to get rid of my bins but this confirms i should keep them or get biggter ones.

9. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

love the new doctor's tool bag. and he makes house calls

10. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I really like your setup. Great job! :thumb:

11. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

nice set up, so my garbage bags with all my gear tossed in with abandon is not the right way????

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Have a look at these for dividers for your bins.