GM (Opel) Astra G full detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Bulla2000, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Last saturday before easter I detailed a 1998 built Vauxhall Astra in single painted red color. The car was driven over 210.000 kilometers and was in very bad condition. The owner told me, she only wanted to drive, not to wash or detail :doublesho :devil: So she gave me the job to bring the shine back on this car.

Here are some before shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the paint was in a very bad condition, a lot of oxidations and scratches and swirls.

At first I cleaned the interior. Megs APC 1:12 and Megs interior brush have done a good job in cleaning the seats. Plastics were cleaned with Megs #39 and covered with Megs #40.

After 1,5 hours it looks like that:

[​IMG]

After that I detailed the exterior of the car.
    At first a use my Gilmore with Shampoo Plus, a little bit of Megs APC and Water for foaming the car. After 5 minutes
    [​IMG]

Then I cleaned the paint with my clay (Magic Clean).

[​IMG]

After a second wash I sprayed Last touch on the paint and dried the paint with Cobra guzzler.

[​IMG]

Engine was cleaned with Megs APC 1:10 and covered with Megs Hyper Dressing 1:4.

The most importend job was to bring back the shine on this paint, so I decided to use the Makita 9227CB with a smaller LC orange Pad with Menzerna IP 3.02. This was a great combination and quite perfect for this paint.

Have done a testspot first:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So it was the right "choice for today" :wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sometimes it was a little bit horrible to handle the Makita, but at the end, the results were on my side :D

[​IMG]

The bumpers I cleaned with Makita, little 75mm Pad from Elite (light cut) and 3.02. It works just great for me.

This combo has done a very good job and the gloss was really good, but I decided to make it better at the end. So I took the Festool Rotex 125 FEQ, a white polishing LC-Pad and Menz PO85RD and it was very easy comparible to the hard work with the Makita :speechles . The gloss was just great.

For buffing I always used the green Aquatouch FBZ. Great for this jobs.

After a high gloss on the paint I took the Makita with a LC orange pad and Autoglyms glass polish and bring back the shine on the glasses.

Next stage was to use Zym*l HD Cleanse to prepare the paint for a good wax.

[​IMG]

The last stage was the wax. I decided to use my unused Zym*l Glasur Glaze. Very easy to handle and it brings a nice soft feeling on the paint.

At least, windows cleaned with Megs Class Cleaner 1:10, tires detailed with my all time favorite Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro.

I was very happy with the results and the ownder seems to be happy too ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading. Comments are welcome.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Now THAT is a detail my friend, wow! Amazing paint turnaround!

3. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

great job!!

4. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Amazing as always Bulla !!

5. kaval

kaval Two Bucket System Washer

I'm with this guy!

That is some fine work!

6. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

I can understand why the owner was so happy.

Man, that first 50 /50 shot, you really can see how bad the paint was. You just brought it straight back to life. Very, very nice.

7. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

I love seeing dramatic turnarounds like that. Awesome job!

8. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Thank you all for compliments.

9. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

Wonderfull Job, great results.