Gloss Vinyl Roof

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by K3RMiTdot, May 3, 2012.

1. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

I have a gloss vinyl over the roof of my car, black in color.
    It has a few rock chips here and there, and a bunch of scratches, not planning to replace it till at least next year.

How do I go about working on this, i wanna make it shine and look new again, probably not possible??

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

You can wax it if you want I have matte black carbon fiber vinyl roof and hood. You can't fix the rock chips in it.

3. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

Would using Adam's in and out spray be a bad idea??
    not trying to fix the rock chips, just wanting to make it look new.. Newish. haha

4. Pureshine

You can use Adam's VRT or a glaze.

5. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Which brand of vinyl did you go with? (edit: speaking to OP)

-Beach

6. Pureshine

3M is the best I use all the time and have never had a problem with it. I have had it on my car for 3 years now.

7. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

I've used Adam's Quick Sealant in these situations. TONS of protection, and doesn't "alter" the composure or texture of vinyl (or "flat" paint for that matter). It's also been a perfect solution for my personal car with all the flat black touches.

8. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

would using a wax on it stain the vinyl?

9. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Gloss Vinyl scratches extremely easy. Rubbing your finger on it, even with a slight amount of dust, will no doubt leave tiny scratch marks in it. You must be very careful in the wash process to not scratch it badly, then proceed to waxing it for protection. Using wax will help fill those scratches and make them seem to disappear. If your using 3m's 1080 Scotchprint vinyl then I would only suggest using Meguiar's products for clean-up and maintenance. Reason I say to only use Meg's on your vinyl is because it is what 3m recommends. Below is a picture of my Sti that I wrapped in Matte White and Gloss Black vinyl. The products i use are as follows:
    Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax
    Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer
    Meg's Ultimate Quik Spray Wax (On Matte Vinyl)
    Meg's Gold Class Paste Wax (On Gloss Vinyl)

It's Simple, Really

[​IMG]

-Beach