Gloss-It products

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by pushtiulk, Feb 12, 2010.

1. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

Hi guys,

I want to know your thoughts about gloss-it products? Did you use any of their range? Impressions, reviews?

Thanks!

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Really, the only thing I want to try from them is their EVP Pad Prime.

3. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

I LOVE the backing plates and the Pad Prime. Both are incredible!

4. pektel

5. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

thanks, sorry for opening this thread, i've not seen that thread :)

6. pektel

Well, older threads can only be so helpful. Especially with a newer product. There could be more members using it since then, and may have different thoughts. :thumb:

7. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

My opinions (everything I'm giving opinion on I've tried/tested before):

Gloss-Enhancer (QD):
    is one of the best.
    Wheel Gel: Is decent, but I prefer CWC. Ph Balanced though :thumb:
    Polishes: Amazing on DA, STEEP learning curve on Rotary, though once achieved I've seen them do amazing work
    LSPs: Concorso Gloss is really amazing
    Leather Cleaner/Conditioner: Both amazing. I used to only use the leather cleaner on leather that wasn't badly soiled, but recently tried it on some nasty black leather, and it worked VERY well, I was quite impressed.
    Pad Prime: Great product, perfect for M105
    Backing Plates: Amazing. Great for jeweling sine they're softer than 3M Yellow ones
    Pads: I thought they were OK. I like how they are beveled, but I really like my 3M UK ones way too much to completely replace them. Though I'm REALLY intrigued by the wool pads, and will probably place an order for them soon.

8. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

anyone know what is in pad prime? I thought I had found that paraffin oil was a good oil to use. Then I found out it was kerosene here in the US. Does evp smell like kerosene? Just looking for the cheap bulk alternative. I know its out there.

9. Beast Mode

Beast Mode Virgin Detailer

Just picked up a rotary yesterday. So I need quite a few things. Where can I get the lowest prices Gloss It backing plate?

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

from them directly...gloss-it.net

11. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I bought 3 bottles of Gloss Enhancer for $20 when they introduced them and am so glad I did; great cleaning ability, so easy to use, and leaves a great finish with some synthetic protection.

I also have Evolution Polish, their finishing polish, and have never been able to get it to play ball either by hand, DA, or rotary. I remember I was on the phone for 3 hours with Rich trying everything to get it to work on my car and everything I was told to try made no difference.

The only other thing I bought was 6 plush blue MFs from them which are easily one of the best although I think they are just rebranded Eurow Shag towels.

12. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

the gloss it gloss enhancing spray is really nice. pricey, but nice.

13. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

The only 2 products that I like of theirs are the TRV and the Leather conditioner.