Gleaming Kleen - VW Golf GTD

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Jayplay, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

Hi guys:wave:,

Thanks for taking the time to view another thread from us. Here we have a few days old VW Golf that came in for a New Car Detail and was protected with Nanolex Pro

Few "before and after" pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Looks really nice!

I don't know if I agree with the owners choice for those LEDs in the headlights. I do like the wheels a lot though.

3. Believe

Believe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good work !!!! would love to own a GTD

4. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Man, does it look glossy! Excellent work once again.

5. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Awesome job as always...

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Fantastic work, what a new car is supposed to look like. A GTD would be an excellent daily driver...

7. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

So how do you know if a door pillar can be polished or not

8. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Great job!

That comes stock. You'll start seeing a lot more of that in the US when it hits our shores with '12 US spec models.

9. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I assume if it has a glossy finish it is alright. But I know for a fact that on VWs the door pillar is painted plastic (compared to sheet metal). The MKV Rabbit has smoothed over plastic ones, but the MKV GTI had glossy black ones.

I imagine you wouldn't want to go too deep with the correction. I would imagine the paint in this area to be far thinner than body panels. But hopefully someone can chime in.

10. GTIDamien_407

GTIDamien_407 Birth of a Detailer

They have a function and that is DRL they chose to use LED's to reduce the amount of power that the car has to draw, which = less load on the alternator which = reduced gas consumption. This is why In Europe you see many Taxi drivers with just led strips in their lower grille's as DRL's. And nice job on the detail I love the new golf GTD I sat inside it while I was in Wolfsburg, fantastic car.

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Nice work love the color

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Lovely work Jay!

13. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

"Certified brillness" Jay, VW is turning out some great cars at the moment with style performance and fuel economy. Aftr I did a recent 07 GTI "Farenheit" edition I came away more impressed.