Gleaming Kleen - TVR

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

Here we have a 2001 TVR Tuscan, owner has owned this from new and it has only covered 8000 miles.

On to the detail....

No pictures of the wash stages but the usual wash and decontamination stages were carried out as usual - pre-wash, wash, clay etc

Wheels were removed to allow me thoroughly clean them and add some protection to the whole of the wheel. Whilst the wheels were off arches and chassis were cleaned with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, this was sprayed on and left a few minutes before agitating with various brushes

Wheels were cleaned with Epsuma Wheel Revolution, tar deposits were removed using Autosmart Tardis and then clayed. Tyres were cleaned using Autosmart G101 and a stiff brush. Wheels were then given a good wipedown with IPA and Nanolex Premuim Wheel Sealant was applied. Tyres were dressed with Swissvax Pneu.

Arches fully clean
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel hubs needed a bit of attention so these were sanded back and then given a coat of primer followed by a few coats of silver paint
    [​IMG]

With all the wash stages complete is was time to concentrate on the paint. Here is some of the defects under different sources of light

Under 150w metal halides
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

under natural sun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

Under sun gun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

under 500w halogen
    [​IMG]

After inspecting the paint and taking paint levels I went about finding a combo to deal with the defects and settled on using a rotary with Menz 3.02 and a 3m yellow waffle polishing pad. (A few area's required me stepping up to a cutting pad)

Few before and after shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front bonnet (placed on rubber mats) and windscreen wipers removed to allow me machine some area's that would have otherwise been very hard to get to. These area's were done using a DA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once all correction was complete paintwork was then refined using Menz 85rd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some excess glue was removed from around the boot.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

Exhausts tips polished with Autosol and the carbon fiber barrels were polished by hand using menz 106fa
    [​IMG]

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid was applied to all paintwork by hand and then removed and then a coat of Swissvax Divine was applied and left to cure for a few hours whilst i went about cleaning the interior. The following day a second coat of Swissvax Divine was applied.

Leather was cleaned and protected using LTT products, glass cleaned with 3m glass cleaner, all upholstery carpet was wiped down with Megs APC and then protected with 303 Fabric Guard. All seals around door edges and removable roof top were treated with Swissvax Seal Feed

Few afters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. Very nice work Jay :applause:

3. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Stunning work! :thumb:

That is absolutely one of the wildest looking cars I've ever seen. It's a shame we don't get them in the states.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

You are the TVR KING!!!! The outside color is stunning, but not sure of interior. That looks like a Prince car,

5. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Jay, that's some sweet work on that TVR! I love the funky paint and the never ending curves.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Ever get sick of doing TVR's?

:D

Amazing work Jay!

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice job! TVR is a weird looking car...

8. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Bristol, pure and simple!

9. cnut