Gleaming Kleen - Nissan GT-R Black Edition

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

The owner of the TVR I did few months back brought this to me just a few hours after collecting it (89 miles on clock) and left it with me for a few days. As much as he wanted to enjoy the car he thought it would be best to get it detailed from the start and get some protection film applied, after I finished it was collected from my workshop to go to Peterborough for a few days to get the boys from PaintShield to do their stuff

On to the detail.

Wheels cleaned with P21S wheel gel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vehicle then foamed with AG Powermix3 and worked into all panel gaps, badges etc.. Washed with Megs Hyperwash and then clayed with Sonus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After all wash stages were complete the wheels were removed to add some good protection.. Before application of protection the wheels were polished by hand to add a bit more gloss
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inner tyre wall also dressed before fitting back on to vehicle and calipers sealed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhausts were polished with Autosol
    [​IMG]

All correction work was carried out using Menz 106fa on a Megs finishing, few area's seen pad stepped up to a Megs Polishing pad.

Some before and afters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once all defects were removed the paintwork burnished with Menz 85rd on a Megs finishing

All glass was sealed with Nanolex
    [​IMG]

Leather cleaned and conditioned with Swissvax
    [​IMG]

SV cleaner fluid was applied/removed by hand and then paintwork was topped with Swissvax Divine. A second layer of Divine was added the following day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Very nice ! Way to capture the defects on camera with white paint particularly pearl white !

Great job :)

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i want that car (in black or blue)

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Amazing results! I especially love the nanolex sealed wheels. Man, they SHINE!

Nice work :applause:

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

damn skippy. nice work. i love that car soooo much.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

hold on. i thought black edition was black with CF exterior parts. or white can be black edition

7. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Wow, great work!

8. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

very nice, love how those wheels turned out

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

stunning work, Jayplay! So, how do you like Nanolex sealant so far? Is it worth the cost? Does it actually outlast others? Any online retailers that will ship it to U.S.?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Vehicle looks great Jay, always good to see some details from you :peace:

I'm not a big fan of the GTR's, not my cup of tie :shrug:

11. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Looks very nice!!

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

In the U.S, we put liquids in cups, not dress clothes. You people are wacky.

Nice job! Looks incredible. Are you just trying those Nanolex products out or are they tried and true?

13. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

great work for sure. reminds me, i should start using my cleaner fluid sometime soon. IMO it really does make a difference, especially in looks alone, just after applying and removing the cleaner fluid, especially on black.

14. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Fantastic work!!!

Always love your write ups Jay!

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great job Jay. That white looks stunning.

16. Ciamach

Ciamach Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Stunning piece of work, the paint looks great in the light.

17. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

black editions have red leather inserts on the seats along with black wheels and some other bits but no carbon fiber

18. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

Not sure I have ever seen a blue one, just red, white and variety of silver colors

I have the paint sealant on my van and very happy with the results so far, its only been on for about 5 months though

Not sure about online retailers that will ship but will check for you

I have tried and tested all the products but the wheel sealant, the others have upheld well so hopefully the wheel sealant should. I will be maintaining the car so will find out

yes it does make a difference, it also makes appling the wax so much easier

Thanks

Thanks to everyone else for your comments, much appreciated guys:thumb::thumb:

19. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Nice work and pictures Jay, I love this colour sooo much, I want one of these to detail, all Im getting is the black GTR's...

Kind Regards
    Paul.

Miracle Detail.

20. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Nicely done Jay, thanks for taking the time out to share :thumb: