Gleaming Kleen: New Car Prep- Porsche Boxster S

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Jayplay, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

This saw a trip out to Bournemouth Porsche Centre to carry out a new car prep for a regular client of mine.

I got shuffled about throughout the start of the morning as the valeting bay in the workshop which was supposed to been free for me to work in turned into me being chucked outside in the car storage compound to carry out the work which barely gave me enough room to work around the Boxster

One of the ole boy valeters made a big effort to constantly throughout the day go out his way to try and mess me about. I lost count how many times I had to stop and move the car I was detailing so he could so called get to cars he needed to bring in the workshop to prep, however each time he was taking the wrong cars so alot of shuffling for no reason:mad: In the end I moved the car to the customers car park to finish the work which didnt go well with the DP but I explained I had a job to do and needed space to work

Due to the circumstances I didnt take pics of the wash stages or of the defects. however paint on this was in good condition and only required Mez 203s

Client requested Zaino for protection

Few pics from day
    [​IMG]

Zaino AIO applied to all paintwork including shuts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 coats of Zaino Z2 applied with Z6 wipedown between each coat and lastly Z8 was applied
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels treated with Zaino AIo and CS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leather cleaned and conditioned with Zaino
    [​IMG]

Plastics treated with Z16
    [​IMG]

Gummi Pledge applied to all seals
    [​IMG]

Some finished pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Short Vid
    YouTube - Gleaming Kleen - Porsche Boxster S

thanks for looking

2. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Looks great. Sounds like frustrating work conditions for sure! Thanks for sharing.

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

man your work is awesome !!!! i hope some day to be half as good as you . thanks for sharing..

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Awesome work dude! Not to hijack your thread, but that Aston Martin Vanquish in the video looks amazing also.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

haahaha come on Jay you know the valeting brat was jealous of you :nod:

I haven't had much experience detailing at a dealership but I can just imagine how frustrating it must be :shakehead:

Vehicle looks great Jay, this is my favorite pictures:
    [​IMG]

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Looks great Jay!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work!

What camera do you use? Pics always look SUPER sharp...

8. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Great!

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great job by one of my favorite detailers. I love seeing the work you do and the Boxter looks incredible.

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Fantastic work. Glad you didn't let them get you down.

11. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Looks Great as usual Jay :applause:

:shead:I had a simalar experience years ago, I had deleivered a car to the M/B Dealer, after I get out and waiting on my P.O. 1 of the techs walk over, turned the key on and hit the Washer Fluid Handle, you guys should have seen what happened next:giggle:

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Fantastic detail the car looks great

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

14. Junk

Junk Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks Great, just curious what was playing on the MP3 player while your were working. Maybe I should listen to what you have on your play list if it will help me clean like that.

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing work, Jayplay!

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The colour on that P car looks awesome. Great job.