Gleaming Kleen - 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

Not a big write up

This was booked in for a 2 day enhancement detail. Owner had just had bumpers resprayed and bodyshop made a mess of getting polish and overspray everywhere so a alot of time was spent cleaning their mess up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overspray on glass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

With paint levels extremely low throughout the vehicle only a finishing polish was used on everything apart from the bonnet.

As bonnet had more paint to play with I used Menz 203s on a finishing pad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much better, notice the bad pitting, this was only found on the bonnet
    [​IMG]

With rest of vehicle having paint levels (avg 20-30 microns) the option was to use a finishing polish to refine the paintwork. This did a good job of clearing up the light swirling but left behind a lot of defects but I wasnt willing to go any further due to the paint levels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SV cleaner fluid was applied by hand and 2 coats of Sv Divine was applied. CG New Look trim gel was used on all trim and leather recieved 3 coats of Leather milk as was very dry

Some afters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Great work as always Jay, I notice you use Power Finish a lot. I am amazed at the correction you are able to achieve. Its a great product!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow those were extremely low paint readings :what:

I'm surprised you proceeded with a polish, mind you it wasn’t too aggressive but very nice turn around.

Love the stance of this vehicle, considering the year the vehicle looks to be in great conditions :thumb:

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Way to go Jayplay. You did a beautiful job on an awesome car...:thumb:

5. Junk

Junk Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That looks great, Hopefully someday I'll be that good. Look pretty healthy in the reflection. Ever heard of crossfit?

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

One of the most beautiful Porsches ever built. Fantastic results. 20-30 microns eh? Scary.

7. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

wow that looks great i agree about the paint readings :eek:

8. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Nice, that is stunning!

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

The car looks fantastic, great job

10. stijntjeraes

stijntjeraes Virgin Detailer

Beautiful porsche,one off the most beautiful car's and what a shine:worship2: