Glaze

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by RBJR, Aug 3, 2013.

1. RBJR

RBJR Virgin Detailer

Greetings All:

I'm looking for some thoughts on a glaze that can be applied by hand.

Thanks,

Ray

2. belair

belair Birth of a Detailer

An oldie but goodie that's available most everywhere is Meg's #7 show car glaze.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Meguiars No. 7 has been around for over 40 years that I personally know of. It will work and used to be the only thing people brought for their cars entered in Car Shows.

Another newer Glaze/Cleaner, etc., is Chemical Guy's E-Z Creme with Acrylic Shine II Glaze.

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

5. blongo804

blongo804 DB Forum Supporter

I'll second Phil on Tripple.. Or Adam's Brilliant Glaze is simply amazing to work with.

slicksierra likes this.
  6. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Obsessive Detail Wet Shine Glaze is also very good.

7. RBJR

RBJR Virgin Detailer

Appreciate all the feedback. After reading through the responses and gathering up some further information I don't think it is a glaze I'm looking for. Since the paint and clear coat is in very good condition, I think Philips suggestion of a Polish or Finishing Polish is what I may be looking for. I don't think I will get the results by hand that I would with a machine. I just want to see if I can get more shine with a small section of the car by using a Finishing Polish by hand topped off with a coat of wax.

I generally get my car detailed by Dan at DnD Auto Detailing in Virginia once or twice a year and he does a great job. I am just looking to see if I can kick up the shine a notch myself.