Glass polishing

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by minorc, Jun 25, 2012.

1. minorc

minorc Two Bucket System Washer

Recently purchased griots glass polish and some glass pads, never tried using foam pads on glass yet.

Looking at the glass pads they seem to be a very hard composition and I'm a little Leary of using them. They're flat hard cardboard looking things, anyone have experience using regular foam pads on windows and such?

Are glass cutting pads going to leave micromarring and scratches?

Thanks alot

2. dizzy

dizzy Virgin Detailer

I actually just did the glass on my car this weekend because of some real tough hard water spots. Used some Menz SIP and an orange Uber pad on my PC, and it all came out smooth and clean. I've seen a lot of people use M105 and an orange LC or Uber pad for glass polishing and the results are great.

As for GG glass polish and the glass pads, can't help you much there. Hopefully someone can chime in.

3. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Those flat hard glass discs are very, very aggressive. I threw mine away as the holograming they caused ended up being worse than the defects I was trying to get rid of. They are made of compessed felt or something. Use a beat up 3 or 4" orange pad.