Glass cleaner

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by willjco, Sep 28, 2009.

1. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

I was wondering what everyone uses to clean glass. I am currently using invisible glass aerosol spray which works ok but would like to upgrade to something better.

Need all your help

Thanks
    Will Jennings

2. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

i love invisible glass, the only thing better that ive used is autoglym glass polish

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I use Megs Prof. glass cleaner concentrate, its apart of there detailers line. One gallon can make 11 gallons of class cleaner, smells great, works great and have nothing bad to say about it.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Sprayway Glass Cleaner. 'Nuff said!!

5. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

is this the same stuff they sell at costco?

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I've never even thought of changing from Stoners... hmmm, if it isn't broke don't fix it?

I will admit though it doesn't remove really stuff on stuff, but I razor blade and clay my glass first so I don't really try and cut through really nasty stuff...

7. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Enough said! You can close the thread now.:applause2:

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

dont know if costco sells it, but sams club, target and walmart carry it.

9. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Add me to the list, good stuff for sure.:thumb:

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

This Megs glass cleaner has me interested... pricing?

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Its about $17/gallon from ADS.

12. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

It's about 12.94/ gallon. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you links to vendors who carry it.

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've got a few cans of IG sitting on the shelf, but when I'm through those, I'm switching to Sprayway permanently. I think it works a little better, it smells better, and it's less expensive.

14. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

15. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

If you can dilute it as much as you guys say then it really is cheap as hell.... much cheaper than Stoners...

16. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

sprayway rocks. only way to go.

17. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

is the sprayway window tint safe? i looked on their site but saw no mention. and damn they make a lot of products!

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

As far as I know, yes. I've used it on all three of my vehicles, all of which have aftermarket tint, and I've had no problems. I'm pretty sure the can says "ammonia free" on it, which, I believe, is what makes a glass cleaner safe on aftermarket tint.

I'd go look on the can, but I don't have one at the moment.

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I wonder if the Meg's Glass Cleaner Concentrate is tint-safe. :shead:

The only time I've used it has been when I'm out doing those volume details for VW or Subaru. This stuff really does work well once you get the hang of it, VERY cheap and goes a really LONG way.

20. GoCubsGo

GoCubsGo Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Call me crazy, but the best glass cleaner I have ever used hands down is a 50/50 IPA(91%)/distilled water dilution. To keep the IPA away from sealed/glazed/waxed panels I first spray the MF then wipe. Can't beat the price.

Anybody else out there use this method?