Getting the most out of the Leather Masters trio

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by StiCy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. StiCy

StiCy Birth of a Detailer

I just got my order in from DD and was wondering how I could get the most out of the Leather Masters kit. The kit came with the cleaner, conditioner, protectant, three towels and three applicators. I have read that a foaming bottle is best for the cleaner. Are there any tips and tricks you guys have for me?

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Like you said get yourself some foaming bottles. You can use old hand soap bottles that are foaming, or just buy one and clean it out. Or you can look on ebay and got some that are something $8 for 2.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

to get the most out of it use it on YOUR car, not on others when detailing, unless customer is willing to pay extra for "no sqeek" option. LM is not a cheap product.

4. StiCy

Yeah, this is just for my car only.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Just shake it up so there are bubbles inside then squeeze and itll foam out. Dont tip the bottle over, hold it straight up.

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I use an old Bath and Body Works foam soap dispenser.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It foams up great in the foam app... I LOVE the LM trio... I go a little overboard but DAMN it makes my seats nice...

8. StiCy

What a foam app?

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I would assume the blue foam applicators in Phil's LM kit

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

foam applicator.

11. judyb

judyb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Use a fomaing bottle to produce a rich, creamy foam. This is the safest and most effective way of using LM cleaners

Clean using a sponge or stiff bristled brush. You can also use your hands to work the foam into the grain pattern.
    Always use the products as a foam (either created with a sponge or a foaming bottle) Microfibre cloths should be avoided as they are designed to remove loose particles and if the leather has any areas of finish that are not stable these will be removed too.
    Apply the Protector with a lint free cloth (this way you do not waste too much product in your applicator)
    Then lastly apply Vital in the same way as the protector which is simply a 'feel good' factor for leather.

Using a hairdryer at the protection stage is a good idea.

Hope this helps

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Would leaving the car out in the sun for a while to heat up the leather do the same as a hairdryer or does it provide anything better? Just the general idea of opening up the pores in the leather coating is what you are after correct?

13. judyb

judyb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It is impossible to open up the 'pores' on a coated leather!!!
    Using the hairdryer at the protector stage helps to trigger the active ingredient in the protector .

14. StiCy

I have read that I can cut the Strong cleaner 1:1 with distiled water. My seats are pretty clean already. I just wanted to do the entire process to get the best results. What do you guys think?

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have a few of those sprayers and one thing I do not like about them is that they leak were it connects to the bottle. So I just put them on when I need to use them. Also this may be a dumb question but when twisting the tip does that change anything really at all? I was trying to fig out if it changed spray pattern, amount of foam or anything and could not.

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I have not had any problems with that sprayer leaking and I have been using mine for about 1 year. Maybe it is just the type of bottle that you are using that is not a good fit. :shrug: I actually have not tried twisting the tip, I'll try that next time I use it.

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Idk, but when I look at the sprayer bottom it has a notch in it to let air in so it does not create a vacuum in the bottle and liquid comes out from there if it tips over.

19. StiCy

Ok so, I used the cleaner and then the conditioner. It looks a little glossy, should it be more of a matte finish? I let it sit on there for 1 hour. Should I remove the gloss with a damp towel?

20. StiCy

So should the conditioner leave a little gloss? Or should I wipe it off and leave a matte finish prior to useing the protectant?