Getting Glasur, should I also try S100?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by tonipieleanu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi guys,

So, my girlfriend is on trip in the US and with the much lower prices on Zymol I must get some :D and I've settled on Glasur.
    BUT I've been browsing AG and noticed that the S100 wax is only 16$! And that's dirt cheap, because in EU R222 (P21S/S100 equivalent) is ~40-45$!!!

With Glasur coming in I'm afraid the S100 won't get used much. I already have a few more waxes&sealants that aren't used that much.

My current line-up includes: Collinite 845, Megs #26 paste, CK CMW, Sonax Xtreme1, OCW, FK1000P, Opti-seal, DG 105, Dodo Red Mist, Zaino Z8.

Anyone care to talk me out of buying the S100? :D

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

No don't waste your money

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

With what you have in your collection now, I feel like you'd be getting S100 just go get it. I have two pots (full) of P21S sitting around. Not sure when I'll ever use them...

4. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I must tell you. I am loving Glasur. It is so easy to work with and it shines and sheets just as good as anything I ever used. I love it. A little goes a long way and it layers really well.. $100 is not at all alot of money to spend on an LSP of this caliber. It is a wonderful wax.

P21s is also great. In all honesty, there is VERY little difference between the nicer carnubas. Its all a matter of preference, and what is under the wax, ie: the prep work.

Joe D.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I think more goes to choosing a wax than just by the way it looks once it's on the paint. The final look might be difficult to differentiate once the wax is on the paint, but think about ease of application and removal, durability and beading. Those three properties for me are just as important as "looks".

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

why don't you get a pot of Collinite 915 instead?

7. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks guys! I think I'll skip it ... for now :D

P21S/S100 is one of the first waxes I've read about since I've got into detailing, about its great concours looks and ease of application. That's why I was considering it.
    But I'm hoping Glasur will match and hopefully surpass the looks and add to the durability department.

I already have 845, plus 915 is more expensive (~30$). Also, I can get it from EU for more or less the same money. I'm looking for something more ... exclusive :p
    Like I suggested in my first post, I already have a few waxes. I'm looking for an experience rather than a wax per se, if that makes any sense. I think I'm loosing it :hippie:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I'd skip S100...nothing really special about this wax...it has a LOT of beeswax, and durability is VERY POOR...Lusso Oro would be a wiser choice, although if you haven't tried 915, I'd get it. It looks amazing with superior durability.