Gas Or Electric

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by vtec92civic, Dec 29, 2012.

1. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

So i've been wanting to get another pressure washer lately just not sure which route to really go. I have had many gas pressure washers in the past and they have been great, however they do get annoying after a while as they are very loud. I tend to like to detail in the early morning as much as possible normally around 730 or 800 in the morning. I know electric pressure washers have come a very long way.

What would you folks suggest:

size
    brand
    gas or electric

and why? This will be going into my chevy express cargo van but i do not have a water tank, just thought i toss that out there.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

My next one will be an electric. 1800psi and 2.0 gpm. After using both over the last 20 years, I much prefer the quietness of the electric. Quality electric ones like the Kranzles Phil sells are pricey but worth it in my opinion. Here is an electric worth looking at.

3. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

I would go for a *decent* gas if you want something "cheaper" and "somewhat reliable" (stay away from trashman) if your budget doesnt allow for a Kranzle. There is a reason these pro's use only Kranzles! they are wickedly awesome and the only *electric* one i would buy :thumb: My next pressure washer will be a Kranzle, My 1 year old craftsman 2600PSI is a POS, really wish i had just bit the bullet and went with a kranzle, there is something to be said for just plugging it in and going, no noise, gas or fumes to deal with

4. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Thanks for the link -
    Did you see the 1900psi 2.1 gal unit there ? Amazon.com: AR Blue Clean AR767 Industrial Grade 1,900 PSI 2.1 GPM Electric Pressure Washer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Its also an AR which has been making pressure washer pumps forever.. These people probably make pumps for all makes of washers too. This bigger one is like $779 and change and Prime shipping..

Dan F

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Cam spray 1500A is what I have and I love that machine!

6. Perfections

Perfections Birth of a Detailer

Karcher x series 2k psi

7. 911Fanatic

Thanks! I couldn't remember the name of the one Phil used to sell. Happens when you get old!

8. 911Fanatic

The thing I don't like about these type is that typically they come with a low quality hose that uses a fitting that spins onto the pressure washer. Usually the hose is only 25-30 feet and when it goes, you can't just replace it because the obscure end in crimped on. Buying the Cam Jet or other AR unit I showed allows you to use proper quick connects so you can go buy a proper 50' length of hose and easily replace it if need be. I can't tell if that unit you posted uses quick connects or not, but if it doesn't, I'd get a different unit.

9. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

+1 to the hose quality. That's the only thing that's kept me from picking up an AR383 for home use/washing in my driveway. That being said, we've been using the Cam Spray at the shop seemingly forever. It just doesn't quit.

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Another happy Camspray 1500A user here !!!

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Happy Kranzle owner here but use it for more than just detailing stuff.

12. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

After a long process trying to decide on gas or electric, then which brand to purchase. I decided to order my Kranzle unit this evening.

13. 911Fanatic

Congrats. A full review is expected of course!