G.K vs Range Rover

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

The was booked in for full detail with paint correction and was done over 2 days. Not many during photo's as very windy and cold and just wanted to get the job done.

Vehicle on arrival:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wash:

- Pre-wash with Citrus degreaser and then foamed with AG Powermax 3
    - Arches cleaned with Meguiars APC and assortment of brushes and wash mitt.
    - Wheels cleaned AS Smart Wheels/Megs Wheel Brightner/AS Tardis
    - Washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus & Zymol sponge.

Engine bay cleaned with Megs Super degreaser and then protected with 303
    [​IMG]

AS Tardis doing its job
    [​IMG]

Paintwork and glass was then clayed with Sonus Grey after intitially trying Sonus Green
    [​IMG]

This is how the whole vehicle was covered also with alot of RDS where it is taken off road for shooting
    [​IMG]

After trying several combo's went with 3m FCP and a megs polishing pad which knocked out the deeper scratches. This was then followed up with 3M Ultrafina and 3M blue pad
    [​IMG]

SV cleaner fluid was then used and a coat of DoDo Super Natural was applied with a final wipe down with DP Final Gloss Booster
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking

2. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Great detail, definatly a nice turn around. Did you by chance take any readings of the paint? I'm curious to know whatyou got vs. what we got on the black one we detailed

3. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

sure did... Avg was between 130-140 microns

4. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Dang.....that's a much healthier reading them we got. Thanks for the info :thumb:

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

how low can you go as far as microns?120 is a good amount . whats the lowest?before you go through the uv stage in the clear? thanks and nice detail by the way

6. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

depends on how much clear coat is there!! 120 microns is a good level of paint but its knoiwng how much of that 120 microns is actually clear coat

I have been told that anything under 8 microns of clear and you risk clear coat failure..

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Great detail there Jayplay :applause2: :applause2:

Vehicle looks great, you know which area I enjoyed correcting...it was all the lower panels of the vehicle, they sure were easy to corect.

Vehicle looks great thank you for sharing with us :thumb:

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Very nice work Jayplay! I'm going to ask a couple of dumb questions, what is 3M "FCP" and what exactly are RIDS? Car looks incredible.

9. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I asked Pirex that same question a few days ago and the reply was scratches. Im sure its an abreviated form of something thou :shead:

10. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

FCP= fast cut plus
    rds= random deep/depth scratches

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Thanks!:thumb: So what were your thoughts on Supernatural.

12. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

very easy to use and left a great finish... Just wait to see how durability is.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey I forgot to ask you Jayplay, you did this vehicle in two days. If you don't mind me asking you what did you do on day one? I mean how much were you able to get done on day one?

Just wondering that's all.