G.K: Tuscan Tvr

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

This car is driven all over Europe once a year and cleary showed as it is ridden with stone chips and was in dire need of some tlc. Owner is having the front end resprayed in coming months so stone chips were left untreated. vehicle was badly swirled and lots of holgrams were visible.

Firstly wheels were cleaned with As smart wheels and a assortment of brushes. Inner's were covered in tar and theis was removed with AS tardis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car was then foamed and washed with SV Autobathe then clayed with SV Paint rubber and last touch as lube. Dryed with Sonus drying Towels

[​IMG]

Paint was measured with the positest 200 and showed very low readings with most panels averaging 60-70 microns. Some of the rear panels had been resprayed
    [​IMG]

Defects:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most polishing was done with Menz 106fa and few panels were hit with Menz 3.02. Due to the low paint levels some remaining defects were left. This was then followed up with Megs #80 and then SV cleaner fluid by hand and finally a coat of Divine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels were cleaned with SV cleaner fluid and then coat of SV Autobahn
    [​IMG]

Tyres and wheel arches treated with SV Pneu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhausts cleaned with SV metal Polish and carbon polished with and then a coat of wax
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Due to the lower paint readings only about 85% correction was achieved but still a great improvement.

thanks for looking

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Wow what a great detail!!!!!
    What composite is the body on this car made of?

How many tubs of Divine have you gone through?

3. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

its made of fiber glass Fminus
    Half way through first pot.. As its a very hard wax you tend not to use much. I apply by pad instead of hand aswell which results in using less

4. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice work! The car is looking stunning!

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Mmmmm Tvr :druling: That's a sweet detail!

6. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

man i want one! but to get one ill have to move to GB cause they dont pass bumper specs :(

if only i could have one, lol

very nice detail, but did you get all of the tar on the inside of the wheel?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooh what a vehicle and talk about curves...man if that thing had any more curves I would have a hard time choosing between my wife and that vehicle hahahahaha

Seriously though, that vehilce has some incredable curves. The correction turned out quite nice, just curious what pat did you use? The readings were quite low too, see aren't you glad you have the PosiTector 200 :thumb: it comes in handy.

Oh man your lucky, you get to use Tardis. I tried getting some but the shipping is really tight, it has to be a certified shipping company to pack it and it can only travel via air to get to Canada. Rich is still working on getting me some Tardis but till then I can only dream of using Tardis :acry2:

Vehicle looks great Jayplay, thank you for sharing :applause:

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

jayplay nice write up with great results!

9. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Top notch work, Jayplay. I'm extremely impressed with the car; Carlos is right, talk about curves.

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Stunning...beautiful job...

11. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

pad used was a 3m ultrafina pad (blue)

12. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

thanks for the comments guys

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

wild....just wild..