Fusion on for 99 bucks at AG

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by bryansbestwax, Nov 18, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

that's it, 99 bucks with a free refill.:mounty:

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

hmm at 50bucks a tub it might be worth trying, the only thing is i dont think i would ever get through one jar.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am thinking that Fuzion isn't selling as well as they hoped, lots of specials on that wax recently...

4. bryansbestwax

I am pretty happy with the few waxes I use, but I guess its still a good deal if you like it and get a refill. I am still waiting for the travelliong detail bag to hit my house.

5. Calgarydetail

I think the problem lies with how they marketed PS. They did a great job of getting people to fall in love when sealents were in fashion. Everyone talked about the wolfgang sealent topped with ps. It was a high end wax without the high end price, no need to buy the higher end zymol as ps existed, looked better and was way less expensive.
    i always felt it was marketed as the most you will ever have to spend on a wax as you wont see a difference in any of the higher waxes.
    So wax comes back in sytle, there really was a wax revolution, just look at howmany people are using Zymol, swissvax, dod even collinite. Wax is back :applause2:

So now AG releases a new wax, its initial cost is double that of PS. Although you get a refill the intial cost is much much higher then ps.
    And here inlies the problem, Fuzion appeals to those who love PS. Many of them belive that ps is the best wax ever made (and to them it is and thats more then fair).so they ask why buy fuzion? its advertised as a better ps but ps is already perfect and half the prcice of fuzion.

I just dont think they did a good of a job getting fuzion out as they did PS.

This is just my take ofcourse, with with Fuzion at 100 bucks it may be a more resannable price point to convince people to give it a shot

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i think so as well . all stores are hurting as far as sales ...no ones got any dam money

7. bryansbestwax

well said

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

And sorry, but what's with the DVD and the tacky wooden box? The design of the logo and the packaging is just awful. If you're going to charge me that much for a wax, at least make it look classy like a Swissvax container.

9. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

The fuzion is a great wax... far beyond that of PS, it has everything PS doesn't.... clarity and longevity. PS does excel at depth, but that's it.

If i were looking between the two, i would do fuzion. Alot easier to work with as well.... PS is WOWO, where as Fuzion is like 50/50, you can do the whole car and it's easy to buff off still

And the free refill doesn't hurt as well.... if they could cut the cost by getting rid of the box and dvd.... that would help too!!!

10. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Agreed......That box looks like a grade school shop class project gone bad.

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

12. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Okay, guys. I've been saving up my pennies. Thanks to the generosity of a friend, I now have a half of tub of Souveran and I am hoping to receive a tub of Victoria Concours Red for Xmas. So I was not planning on buying any new waxes in the near future. But this sale of Fuzion has me tempted!

Is it worth the money? Is it better than Souveran, VC Red, PS21 100%, or 50/50? How is it different than these waxes?

Do I pull the trigger?

Thanks for your advice.

Al

13. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Talk to alot of experienced wax users and they will tell you if your prep work is spot on, your paint is burnished to a high gloss, the difference in waxes is very small.

14. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I agree 100% with what you said, very well explained!!

15. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I'm really thinking of going for it but my thing is I would really like to have both tubs sitting side by side on my shelf proudly showing it. Instead of waiting I don't know how long to get the second tub. Boy, I really wish it was different...:shrug:

16. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Lol I was thinking the same thing, your post pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

AG is a marketing machine, I occasionally scroll through their site just to read what are they are calling the"latest and greatest". They tried to jump on the high end wax bandwagon, which goes against what they were preaching about Souveran, and IMO didn't do a great job of it. Sure, the wax could be great, but the overall presentation/marketing of the product is less than stellar.

My $0.02

17. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

In defense of Fuzion, typically it takes a period of time (years) to build a loyal following to a wax. It took Souveran years to build its reputation. It took Zaino years to establish itself. On top of all that the market for a $175.00 wax is very small .

18. Calgarydetail

for all intensice purposes it could be the best wax in the world, however if it is never used and never hyped by those who use it it never becomes popular. There are lots of great waxes that dont have the force of the forums behind them and they just dont sell.
    Like anything else half of this game is marketing

that is very true and perhaps fuzion will pick up and become as popular as ps however i think there are lots of people who still have the idea that PS is the best. The marketing of an old product killed the sales of a new one. why waste $175 if you already have the best?

19. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

So true. Who remembers Betamax?

20. Calgarydetail

haha sony may have lost that one but they sure won the blu ray Hd battle