Fur-ball -- new MF towel from CG

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by lifemal, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I saw that the other day look nice for ONR. Also look like Griot's Garage MF that they have almost.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

that's one thick towel!!!

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Looks similar to the cookie monster or euro wow shag towel

5. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Well I just got my samples in. I got 3. They seem really soft... long nap!

Sorry for the crappy picture. I'll take a better one with the Nikon tonight.

[​IMG]

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Well it sure does look furry! Will have to let us know if it lints, looking to replace my ONR MFs that I use to dry the car after ONR-ing.

Samples eh?

7. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Look like the Werkstat plush type towels :thumb:

8. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

Those look nice for QD use.

Just tried applying the 'TwitterCG' discount code but that apparently expired back on the 11th or 12th.
    I'll wait on the next Twitter code to hit, then pick up a 3-pack if they're still on sale.

9. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

This is an old thread but I thought CG customers here might be interested in hearing a follow-up on this product specifically, but there's an actual 'bigger picture' aspect to it.

I purchased a 6-pack of these and was disappointed by how insubstantial and flimsy they are. Even though they do have the longer nap, somehow they aren't overly absorbent.

Beyond a sub par drying performance (specifically: used for initial wipe with PB Spray & Wipe) they shed all over the paint and then again on the glass (even after 4 washer/dryer cycles with Pinnacle's MF Rejuvinator).

OK, so a very reasonably-priced MF ended being a let-down: no biggie, but here's the 'bigger picture' thing I mentioned earlier.
    If you've ever noticed, at the bottom of any item's description page there's a list of brief reviews if any have been posted (by customers) or there's a link that invites you to write the first review if none appear yet. Notice my use of the term appear rather than using the phrase 'have been written'; it's because you can't assume that no reviews have been written just because you don't see any.
    I know because I wrote the 'first' review on their Shaggy Fur-ball 6-pack page, and because I wrote how I felt the product performed, and gave an honest and respectful appraisal of this particular MF which was less than pure praise: it was removed from the page a week or 2 later.

IMO if you don't want anything but filtered, regulated, engineered product commentary on your products then don't include an invitation for customers to leave a review. To delete anything but the highest praise is disingenuous and renders the existing/remaining customers' review worthless.

FWIW I was a CG fan previously and have been happy with my purchases with the exception of those MFs. I'm not sure how motivated I feel now about future purchases with the knowledge that this is the way they do business. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but honesty in business means something to me.

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Hmmm interesting, thanks for pointing that out with CG

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I couldn't agree more. Its sad that this day and age this type of thing happens. Well, the cookie monsters and werkstat plush towels are very high quality. I've used both and would stand behind either one.

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Really? I would have to test that theory. Care to send some my way? :whistle:

13. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Those Werkstat towels are nice!! I've got a couple!

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sure. As soon as I see your order!