Full Paint correction and Coating?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by keep it real, Dec 21, 2015.

1. keep it real

keep it real New Member

I've been getting very different pricing from different detailers, was wondering what do you think would be a fare price?

I am looking to bring it back to original condition, to do full paint correction and coating as well an interior. I know many people say that it depends on condition of the car, but at the same time i was able to get a quote.

I can just say that, the car been taken care always throughout the years, never parked outside and overall driven rarely maybe about 3k-4k miles a year

Its an 2008 BMW
    thanks!

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

I think you're in the ball park of 1k give or take , depending on the detailer and the amount of damage as well as the coating used. Email Phil and see what he says.

3. aowheels

aowheels DB Pro Supporter

Sorry to hear about the confusion you're having.

Most likely you're getting different prices based on skill level and confidence.... After you've spoke with a few detailers.... Who portrayed the most knowledge and did not try to up-sell you at the same time? This would be your best option of choice to have the job done correct. (And you would be looking at a starting price of something around 1200 or more I would imagine based on what you described) Keep in mind if the vehicle is not horrible... It's possible a single step polish would do the trick to gain your approval? (Terms used in conversation play a huge roll) (Paint Correction has become a loose term)

If you had an extremely low price (such as 500-600 or lower for full correction and coating) I would be very cautious and continue your search. (mostly due to the correction aspect of the job) When you ask a very experienced professional for a "paint correction" they will give you prices based on the time estimated on the vehicle. Even with low annual miles and the garage kept bit... To do the job correctly takes time. The time spent on the prep (correction) will be the true value to the coating as well.... Any pro will tell you prep is key. If you've spoken to the type that tries to sell you based on a coating product offered.... They are weighing their whole value based off the product and not their skill and knowledge.

Yes, coating are great and come with additional fees... However, the best advise I can give you is stick with the guy who make you feel comfortable and confident yourself. Ask them questions about past experiences? Check out their websites and facebook pages... look into their Instagram accounts and see what it is they're doing on a daily basis. And don't be afraid to ask them about their credentials. Even a single step polish (lower price-point type of correction work) done by the right person will hold better results than most.