FS: Sv Smaragd and applicator

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by musc, Feb 2, 2009.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

sold!!!!!

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Good luck with your sale Chad! :)

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

good luck with the sale .. one of my favorite waxes ...someone should grab this !!

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

A very nice wax indeed! If it's your favorite wax, can I ask why you're selling it?

5. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

how does smargd compare to Dodo Juice SN?

6. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Hey. I have two pots, plus I want to try out some new waxes this year. Already have RBOE and Crystal rock lined up, so it will be awhile before I get an opportunity to use Smaragd again. I just detail my own vehicles, so I don't go through a lot of wax. :thumb:

7. So I wasn't sure how to pronounce it, and I looked it up. It's pronounced like smaragged..if you are wondering haha.

8. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I haven't used SN personally, but from old posts I have read, SV Smaragd > SN. Maybe someone can chime in that has used them both?

9. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

LOL yes it is a little odd. It's the same thing as 'Best of Show', which is the name in other countries. I believe that name was already taken in the U.S., so SV had to come up with an alternate name when marketing it here.

10. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Priced reduced :)

11. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Gah, gotta get a check to clear to check my options....sooooooo tempted :(

12. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

In terms of looks you won't see a difference in the 2. Durability > you may see a wee bit more in the Smaragd, but longevity is really a false icon because more than likely none of us go longer than 2 months without waxing anyway :). Ease of use > I'd say that Smaragd is easier to use, as it contains more oils in it than SN, making it easier to apply. They both come off like a dream. Both great waxes. BTW, "smaragd" means "emerald" in Hungarian if any of you were curious :)

13. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Smaragds durability is not so great. If you look for durability step up to Mystery

14. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Great wax at a great price!!! Someone needs to jump on this. The durability is very good with this wax but as "clever nickname" said....."but longevity is really a false icon because more than likely none of us go longer than 2 months without waxing anyway".

15. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Durability will obviously vary a lot. Factors like your prep work, conditions you live in, what you use to wash with, etc will have a big impact. I can get 3 months + easy with it. Rarely do I go beyond 3 months without doing something different, like testing a new wax, or trying out a new sealant etc. I suspect a lot of us are doing different things before that 3 months is up as well.

In the "Biggest wax test ever" , SV BoS (which is the same thing as Smaragd) was holding up after 6 1/2 months. I am sure everyone has read that thread before.
    Biggest Wax Test Ever - Detailing World

As far as 'stepping up' to mystery, its a fine wax, but IMO, the durability and longevity of Smaragd is right there with it. Certainly not a night and day difference.

16. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

SOLD!

Thanks everyone. :thumb:

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Congrats! Who was the lucky buyer?