FS: Positest DFT Combo Paint Gauge

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by JLs Detailing, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Ok I have something in the works for another Paint Gauge through a friend and will no longer need my Postitest DFT Combo Paint Gauge. The gauge has been handled with kit gloves so it is in absolute mint pristeen condition. It comes with the case, calibration strips and all paperwork.

I will be selling it for $530 shipped!:yikes: Great deal so don't let it pass you by! Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Just pm me if you are interested and I can get it shipped out.

THIS IS SOLD AND ON ITS WAY OUT!

2. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Was just looking at some yesterday evening believe it or not....$560 is a little steep for my pocket but good luck with the sale JL :thumb:

3. JLs Detailing

Hey Carn just be careful when buying because some of the cheaper ones you see will only do ferrous metals and not non-ferrous metals (like aluminum). The Positest DFT has a cheaper model but it only does ferrous metals.

4. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the heads up dude ;)

I was looking at this one which is within my budget, not sure if anyone on here has any experience with it ?

[​IMG]

Specs are :

Model: Paint Detective PD8
    What's in the Box: PD8 Gauge (Pre-Calibrated), Leather Style Belt Clip Case, Instructions, 4 X AAA Batteries, Calibration Checkpieces (Aluminium and Steel) & 4 Thickness Check Foils

Ferrous Metal Mode (Fe) : Technology - Magnetic Induction
    (Steel, Mild Steel, Cast Iron & Magnetic Stainless Steel Substrates)

Non Ferrous Metal Mode (NFe) : Technology - Eddy Current
    (Aluminium, Copper & Brass Substrates)

Measuring Range: 0-1250µm or 0-50mil
    Resolution: 0.1µm (0-99.9 µm) and 1µm (over 100 µm)
    Accuracy: ±1-3% (±2.5µm or 0.1mil - whichever the greater)
    Dimensions: 126x65x27mm
    Meets Standards Including: ISO-2178, ISO-2360, DIN, ASTM & BS (suitable for laboratory and harsh field conditions)
    Additional Functionality: Gauge auto adjusts between Ferrous (Steel) and Non-Ferrous (Aluminium etc) Modes, Low Battery Indicator, Ice Blue Backlight, Metric (Microns µm) or Imperial (Mils) measurement settings, Auto Power Off, Easy Reset to Factory Settings.

Oh and sorry for the thread hi-jack, guess I should make my own post about this :sorry:

5. JLs Detailing

Updated as I made a mistake when typing on the price originally. Correct now at $530.

6. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Correct price, good luck with sale.

7. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Can this gauge measure on plastic bumpers?

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

No, only metals ferrous and nonferrous

9. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Wow JL great deal, for anyone who doesn't have one this is a great deal. I have the same model and love it!!!