FS: 3M, Chemical Guys

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by SpecC, Jan 24, 2009.

1. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Chemical Guys BRAND NEW! 50/50 Wax. Still sealed and never opened.

[​IMG]

If anyone has Victoria red concours, I'd like to trade for that too. Anything of equal value of course!

$45 shipped

3M polishing pads. I've got white and black in 5.25 inch or 133.35mm to be exact.

8 blacks. $4+shipping. I'm willing to trade for other 3M pads as well. I need one blue and two oranges.

[​IMG]

PM me or email me at bxiao1816@gmail.com

i check regularly, so I should be able to respond to you pretty quickly.

ALL WHITE PADS ARES OLD

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is a very nice wax, someone grab this! Good luck with the sale.

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Is there a difference between these 3M pads and the ones Polished Bliss sells? I keep finding different models in yours, PB's, and Carlos's :shead:

4. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

As far as I can tell, these are the only things i can tell that are different

mine : 133.25mm
    carlo's and PB - 150mm

mine and PB's - the style shown above which I like better
    calro's - flat

i think that's about it...

These aren't the UK pads, but they are the same from what I've heard

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

6. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Cool, thanks bud. I'm debating to pick up some or not as I just ordered 2 of each from PB :thinking:

Am I right to assume that these colors are similar to LCs as well? Or do they do something completely different?

7. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Sorry for the thread Jack but whats the difference between Petes 53 and 50/50?

8. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

yes the pad colors go the same way with 3M too, so black is a finishing pad and white is a polishing pad

from what i hear, 50/50 is better overall on all colors and lasts a bit longer

WHITE PADS ARE SOLD

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've purchased the US version of 3M pads and I prefer the 3M UK pads better. In my opinion there is a difference, different foam...but what's silly is that if you phone 3M US they will claim there is no difference with the 3M UK pads....but if you phone a 3M UK they will say that the UK pads are completely different, different foam.

I phoned 3M US and UK so many times I just gave up and I decided to go with what works for me, I prefer the 3M UK pads over any of the North American pads it works for me so I'm sticking with it...but that's just me :shrug:

10. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Thanks for the input, Carlos! I've tried a 3M pad so far, but haven't had a chance to try these yet. So I can't pass any judgement on which is better. Maybe you just need to phone to even higher ups at 3M to find a real answer

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I did, I ended speaking with a regional manager from the 3M UK and what I was told is that the 3M US vs 3M UK use different foam and that was about it oh and size of course. One thing I enjoyed about chatting with regional manager was that he never mentioned which one was better, very neutral which made for a better conversation. I just don't enjoy when one company starts bashing other companies, I loose interest, respect when a conversation starts by bashing others..there's no need for it...any who just sharing what I found out :shrug:

12. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

I know what you mean. Although they seem to be different products, I guess their performance is relatively the same. In addition, as with any detailing products that compete with each other, it's a matter of preference between detailers.

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Like Carlos, I too prefer the 3M UK foam pads and I truly believe they are superior to their U.S. counterparts.

14. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Guess I waited too long :p. Thanks for the recommendations guys! I ordered from PB not too long ago :)

15. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

still have 8 black pads and CG wax for sale

16. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

CG 5050 lowered to 45 shipped

17. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

are the 8 pads together for 4 dollars?

if so ill take them.

18. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off