FS: 3m Backing plates

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by matrix_808, Mar 7, 2008.

1. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Does anyone want 3m backing plates? I can probably get 2-3 of them for $60 US shipped to you.

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Can a mod please change the title from FS to WTB... gracias:afro:

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

what are you talking about? I dont want to buy one i want to sell one. Reason being is that i will shortly be placing an order to the UK for 3m polishes and pads and if people wanted the BP i can add it to my order and figure it will cost about $60 shipped.

4. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

what color

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

either one, yellow or gray.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

My bad...

7. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I just got one from phil!!!!!!

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

ya so this is not really a group buy, but if people want the 3m backing plate, i can throw it on my order to split shipping costs from the UK, but ill take most of it since my order will be big. maybe give $1-2 per pad for shipping here and maybe another $5 to ship to the person with in the UK. Total may come out to around $55-$60.

If anyone is interested let me know. i was thinking of putting my order in within the next couple weeks, Id say about 1-2 weeks for me to get it and another 1/2 week for me to get it to you.

9. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

:applause2: ///Me 2 haha

....hey OP, what else are u gettin from there..anything else worth pruchasin? maybe ill get a yellow pad...if i diecide..id like more stuff, what do u suggest?

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

does "op" mean original poster? if it does then, i am getting a few of their polishes as well as pads. im actually ordering cause ive read good things about the 3m stuff so i want to try it out myself.

11. crazysets

crazysets Virgin Detailer

Please count me in....I'm definitely interested in the yellow plate.

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Used my gray one today and its great :D

13. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

if anyone else is interested let me know ASAP as i plan on ordering by the end of this week/early next week.

14. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Has any one compared the 3M plates to the new Meg's plate that looks like the 3M plate in a way...I have heard nice reviews on it....

just curious as I have seen these plates for some cheap money..less than 20.00

Al

Attached Files:

15. devast8

devast8 New Member

where did you find that bp for less then 20 Al? if you don't mind saying

16. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I found mine on Ebay....

17. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Al the one thing that I noticed is that the 3M plate is smaller than the Megs Solo. If I am not mistaken its either a 5 inch or 5.5 inch plate. If so this would make it very nice for 6 inch pads. This is the primary reason I am considering getting one.

18. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

yes pat it is 6"...but i got it to use with the Megs foam pads as I have a ton of them and have bben getting nice results using them with the Menz finishing polishes....I also got a great deal on some 3M black finishing pads that were 8" and bought 10 for 3.95 each and a guy at work made a die to cut them to 6.5 for me...I have a ton of 5 and 5.5 in pads also..and the machined down flex plate works perfect with them...

I called 3m last summer about the 3m plate and to see if it could be had in the US..and they said not at the present time...but when I went to the body shop supply last week to get some stuff...i asked about it there and was told they are going to be available in the US soon but no time date..thats what he was told by the 3M rep....also some new wools by 3m

Al

19. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

The 3M is 5.00 and the Megs is 5.75. The Megs is softer than the yellow backing plate. To me they work just about the same, but the Megs compresses a little easier.

20. devast8

devast8 New Member

sounds like the Megs is like the 3M black backing plate, beside the size