FRS/BRZ Opti Coated Over The Week

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by cu2mike, Jul 22, 2012.

1. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Hi everyone, Mike here again. I've decided to consolidate the opti coat work I've done over the week so I don't clutter up the sub forum.

The first one here is a whitewater pearl, it was mostly free of defects other than minor swirls here and there. The pictures you are going to see are all aftermath of the opti coat treatment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next one you are about to see is a Raven Black FRS, this is the first FRS I've done that needed a 2 step correction vs the regular light polish I give. I started very early in the morning and finished around 10pm at night, customer came back first thing in the morning on Saturday so I wasn't able to get the usual finished shots. In fact, I only got 2 shots of the car finished down, after that I got way to busy trying to finish the car so I could go to bed and wake up in time for the owner to pick up his car.

Here are the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are examples of the defects:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stopped long enough to capture these two images, I did not get a chance to capture more images like these two unfortunately. However, this is the level of detail that could be achieved through a 2 step process. Since this Raven Black was much more severe, I was only able to get between 80 to 85 percent correction level on the car, but I did the best I can and the owner was ecstatic to see the end results

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next one you are about to see is a BRZ Premium in Satin White Pearl, this was my first BRZ and it was just as pleasant as FRS to detail. This is the second car (First was a whiteout FRS) to receive the Opti Guard treatment, here are the post Opti Guard pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all everyone, thanks for looking!

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Nice work! Love the cars wish they had more power since its rear wheel drive.

3. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

nice job on the vehicles Mike!

4. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Hitting it out of the park with the 3 Gt86's!
    Are you using a DA and autoscrub?

5. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Thank you, I'm sure someone will come up with a solution soon.
    Thanks Alex!
    Nah, SSPT (Speedy Surface Prep Towel)

6. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I see Mike. I'll pick one up on my next order then ;) thanks!