Free detail contest

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Delgiorno12, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

Anyone have an idea for a contest for a free gift certificate? i was thinking dirtiest car maybe? any other ideas, something to help get my name out there and get people involved

2. cbdr19

cbdr19 Virgin Detailer

Maybe a raffle?? What if they get the car extremly dirty just to make your job harder. Or tell them the person that refers the most gets a free detail?

3. Delgiorno12

this is to get peopled more involved over like Facebook and such

4. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

I would say "like" your page and be entered for a chance to win a FREE detail! That should be enough to get some people clicking

5. Delgiorno12

gonna try that, maybe a sticker raffle? what you think? like one sticker for $2, 3 for $5, or 5 for $10 and the number of stickers you buy the number of chances in the raffle?

6. LIM3

LIM3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I like this idea.

I would also try with 3 referrals a lucky winner will receive a detail ?

7. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

I would guess by my previous post doing that would get a good amount of likes, at that point just find a way to select a random fan off your facebook page for a free detail.

The raffle idea is good, but to get them to do the raffle they have to like the page first, so maybe have that down the line a little further. Try to post pictures of your work on FB and social networks as well. This will make sure customers/potential customer keep seeing your page and results and hopefully refer more people to your page and your shop. These are just my thoughts of course so take them or leave them and I wish you the best of luck with buisness growth.

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

So far, I have done 3 contests myself.

The first was a forum sponsorship prize. On the Quebec FRS/BRZ forum, they were organizing an end of season ride and I offered up a free winter prep to a random winner. The ride ended at a restaurant and the winning ticket was placed under a random plate mat, the person who sat there was the random winner.

The 2nd prize was advertised on another, more car general, local forum. It basically said "once I reach x number of likes on my FaceBook page, I will give away a free in-and-out wash ($35 value) and a free Aquapel application on all windows ($20 value)" and people ate it up...sort of. It took about 3 weeks to hit the mark and the appointment has been booked with the random winner.

The third one is a little trickier. I am sponsoring a fund raiser for the Children's Hospital in Montreal in an event called Karz 4 Kidz. I will have a booth and I will be "silent auction"-ing off a complete detail, where absolutely everything gets done. Silent auctions work as follows: The prize is described on paper and there is a sheet people fill in with various info such as name, contact number and what their bid is. At the end of the day, the highest bidder wins the prize and the money - minus cost of products - is sent off to the Montreal Children's Hospital.

I hope these can give you some ideas.

9. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

Can you do a raffle like that when it isn't for charity? I thought that ends up being considered gambling, which is why on just about every contest where you get a 'game piece' when you buy something they have a way listed to get a free game piece or the old 'or you can mail in a postcard to enter' type thing.

I guess technically they are getting something in return for their money, the sticker, and the entry to win is a bonus but it might get into a gray area that wouldn't be fun with the wrong person on the other end.