FREE! Breakfast til Feb, 03 @ Dennys Rest. (USA)

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by blas, Feb 2, 2009.

1. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

A Free Grand Slam! ! ! ! ! ! !
    go go go go go :headbang:

[​IMG]

2. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Virgin Detailer

Im going for my free grand slam!!! my friend that works there said you don't have to order anything you can order a glass of water with your grand slam and leave with or without tipping....

3. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

man i would never eat some where and not tip. all denny's are gonna be zoo's. its bad enough as it is

4. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

OH man I forgot about this. Guess I should get dressed and head to the local Denny's.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

it really depends if they deserve it...usually not. I hardly EVER tip at any restaurants, rather save those money and place another wax order...

6. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Virgin Detailer

Lol... I think I tip pretty well probably around %20.. I work in the food and beverage industry so I know who to tip and who not to tip... and I highly agree on tipping a person only if he or she deserves it...

7. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

I do 20% as well, as long as they do a good job. Server's get paid next to nothing without the tips

8. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

Wow.. If you don't tip..then you better remember not to go back there.. the things they will put in your food.

Have you ever detailed a car and had the customer say they didn't like the work so they weren't gonna pay... but they will pay for the product cost.

9. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I'm with you. I always tip. People have bad days, just like me. If the service/food is horrible I'll talk to the manager to get a food coupon or discount on my next visit. But I always tip and appreciate when I get tipped on a detail. If it's a place I frequent and the waiter/ waitress is horrible...I'll asked to be seated elsewhere.

10. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

yep i always give at least the min. if they go out of there way, i'll do more. i hate when my wife tells me how much she gets tipped some times. she does kids entertainment and usually works with movie stars and celebs. some times the tips are in the $1000's, i got $40 bucks saturday for a detail and i was so happy lol

so who all went to denny's? i was busy at the shop and couldnt make it. i have heard form friedns that the lines were around the block

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'd rather eat my own vomit than eat at Denny's.

12. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

tell us how you really feel

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

:gross: Dude, scrambled eggs are scrambled eggs wherever you go. :popcorn:

14. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Nothing wrong with Dennys! :) Now only if In-N-Out gave out some free Animal style Fires and 4x4 ^_^

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Oh my..that dennys was great. I think my sausage wasn't quite as good as usual, but to be honest it was the first time I have been there sober. The only times I really visit them is when I am drunk out of my tree, and want some food.

16. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

damn really? i give 20% every time..unless they are an ass. mostly nice though and i eat out everyday pretty much..i think it sucks ass when people don't tip..that is someones job..most only make 3-4 bucks an hour..why not? i help out at my buddies breakfast place almost everyday..i have been going there since i was 8 and though owners changed i still help out the guys and cook up some food..mostly for me and the guys..it is a high school hangout mostly..but i have been going for 20 years and never paid since i was 16..i always helped..kind of crazy but you gotta see the place..nothing like it in the world..i just like to help..it gets crazy busy around lunchtime.. tipping is where the workers get there money.. mostly the waiters..but a lot of places tip the whole staff.. if i went to a restaurant and had 60 bucks in food what is the problem giving 10-12 bucks? if i go for breakfast 2-3 bucks..that is tough? maybe you shouldn't go out to eat then. b/c the price of a meal includes food cost, property taxes, mortgages, rent, insurance, a host of things..but only 3 bucks an hour for the single mother working 60 hours a week on her feet.some people are dumb, some mentally slow, some make really dumb life decisions..but it is there job and if you cannot respect that and tip properly(10% minimum) that is flat out rude and disrespectful. it's not like they are getting commission on the food they sell. can't believe the cheap bastard like attitude from some on here like supercharged..crazy to me

17. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

That's what SHE said :D

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It's not so much the scrambled eggs I'm worried about, although I wonder about the eggs. But look at the other stuff. No thanks!

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

me and the wife were in upstate newyork last summer and were hungry and saw a dennys and i was like lets check it out and grab lunch . well. all i can say is it tasted like shit . and it gave me a case of the squirts...

20. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

and heart burn