Fragrance?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by sal329, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

After detailing the interior do you use an odor eater or any fragrance in the car?

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I don't use any fragrance, I just use Optimum Protectant Plus, which leaves a nice leather scent behind.

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

nope, i find the zymol treat and zymol vinyl leave a nice enough smell

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Personally i love the smell of Optimum Protectant Plus, as mentioned already...but i like to follow up with CG Leather Air Freshener...i love it!

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I use odour zyme which has a nice smell and eats away any mould

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I sometimes use a disenfectant spray )spelling?) that has a light clean scent. Used to get it in gallons from a local janitorial crew, but I don't think they can get me anymore. will have to find something else.

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I have gotten to where I like to use DG Odor Absorber. Has a very clean smell to it.

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I was lookin at Meg and DG odor emlinators. As soon as Meg #40 runs out I will be trying Opt PP.

9. quakerroatmeal

quakerroatmeal Virgin Detailer

I have an CS-X3 squash scented air freshener in my car. I love it but it goes out fast and is quite expensive to refill.

10. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Ozium imo gets rid of everything. I kinda like the air vent spray from IZ it leaves a smell like cockpit premium in your air system

11. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

another vote for ozium (reg) scented..stay away from the new car scent..

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

where can I get ozium?

13. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

I always ask first. Some people are allergic (real or imagined) to any added scent.

14. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Darn near anywhere......all auto parts stores, Wal Mart, Pep Boys, even Walgreens has it.

15. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

16. quakerroatmeal

quakerroatmeal Virgin Detailer

I thought my air freshener was expensive! That's pretty pricey, one under each seat? You are putting multiple canisters in one vehicle at a time? Not sure if that's what you're saying or not but sounds like a lot of scent, and money.

17. dionnfr

Not the full canisiter, there is about 40 pads (1in x 1 in) in each cannister, just one pad under the drivers seat.

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

How long do they last for? What scents have you tried that you liked?

19. dionnfr

They last for around a couple of months. So far I the scents I have are Fresh N' Clean, Mango Tango and Mountain Air.

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I bought some Yankee Candle "Car Fresheners" at a local Hallmark store not long ago. They had a "Leather" scented one so I thought I'd try it. I really like it. It's a bit strong, but it does smell more or less like leather, and seems to last forever.

Years ago I took to stuffing a couple dryer sheets below the seat. That worked pretty well too, and was basically free.