Four Star UPP :)

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Pats300zx, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I am on vacation this week so it has given me some time to get caught up on some detailing and a chance to mess with some older products. I decided to apply a coat of Four Star UPP on one of my daily drivers.

I remember when this product first came out and wasn't all that popular because of the durability. It is definitely one of the slickest sealants I have ever used. I decided today to add some Polycharger to it and it made an already easy sealant such an ease to remove. I swear I could have just blown it off the car.

I know that BFWD and MPL are the products of the month right now but it is always fun to dig out old products :applause2:

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I never got around to getting any of this stuff but remember reading alot of good reviews on it over the years.

I have some 4* Leather twins and they're very nice.

You dont see much mention of any 4* products anymore. Do they still make them??

3. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yeah, UPP's downfall was it's durability. I remember someone recommending it to me when I was searching for something to compare against Blackfire circa '04. It was and probably still is the slickest sealant out there. Now, if they would only reformulate it to last longer than a couple of washes...

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

It's now polycharged. It probably lasts a good bit longer now. :)

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I still have a bottle of polycharged UPP...

6. Mindflux

Omg! Use it! Create jobs for bottle filling factory workers. Jobs for trash guys when you toss empty bottles! Think of all the jobs you'll create.

7. supercharged

dude, calm down...I was going to trade it off for a paper statement...and BTW, I sent 8 envelopes of junk mail back to where it came from...postage will be paid by addressee...

8. Mindflux

I'm glad you have that sort of time on your hands.
    :waiting2:

9. supercharged

everybody have 24 hours in a day...if you don't have time, find/make time...take it from something else!!! And send junk mail back to where it came from...:itsok:

10. Mindflux

take it from spending time with my 13 month old daughter? man you got jacked priorities.

11. supercharged

It only took me 30 minutes to sort everything out, and remove cover pages with my name on it...done...

12. Amused

@Pat
    What are you expecting in terms of durability with the Polycharged UPP? How's it holding up thus far?

- Jason

13. Pats300zx

Hey Jason...

It has had the time to cure and the surface is super slick. The beading is awesome.

I am going to wash on Sat after Hurricane Earl gets out of here. I will report back.

14. Amused

@Pat
    How's the UPP holding up? Is it comparable to the current day BFWD thus far?

- Jason

15. jaredpointer

jaredpointer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've always been tempted to buy a new bottle of UPP (polycharged) as I was so taken by it back a few years ago (around '04-05). I always liked the look and feel of it.

16. Pats300zx

Holding up great. Still beading nicely....:applause2:

17. Amused

I may pick up a new bottle to play around with. If the Polycharger additive increased its durability significantly, I'd be a fan. My parents bought a '10 Caddy SRX this spring, which would be a perfect test bed for it...always outside and driven daily. Hopefully I'll have a bottle before I visit them next.