Ford Focus RS 500 (Matt Black) - Swissvax Opaque

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was asked to perform a protection detail on a new Ford Focus RS 500, being more into my dubs etc I didnt know much about the RS 500, but learned it consisted of a Matt Black Wrap from 3M. So I was on the phone to Swissvax and ordered the full Opaque range.

So back to the detail.

when I arrived the car was mucky and very dusty, was very surprised to see how the car was transported to the dealer :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So a quick rinse then washed the alloys and tyres and door checks and engine bay (APC/Bilberry etc) and rinsed.

then snowfoamed the car
    [​IMG]

rinsed, then washed with Swissvax Opaque car bath

[​IMG]

Finally rinsed again, at this stage i could view the water behavious on the finish which seemed to soak up the water:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this stage decided to apply CG Silk finish to the engine bay as if any over spray would be dealt with at the next stage

the car wash dried with a Dodo Juice supernatural drying towl

Swissvax Pneu was applied to the tyres at this stage and Swissvax Seal Feed to ensure the pre wax cleanser would remove any over spray.

Moved the car inside and started with the Opaque range, went over the vinyl with the Pre wax cleaner which helped to remove any staining, oils mark etc..worked one panel at a time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then onto the wax, Swissvax Opaque wax applied one panel and buffed at a time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then left to cure for approx 3 hours during this time cleaned the interior with Swissvax Interior Quick Finish, the seats treated to 303 Fabric Guard and hoovered, the piano black exterior trim cleansed with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular, buffed then Swissvax Crystal Rock applied cured and buffed. Windows treated with Swissvax Crystal (applied to cloth then wiped to ensure no over spray), alloys treated to Zaino Z2 then Swissvax Autobahn.

Then end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then some pics in the area the dealership using for their adverts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, being the unknown for me with Matt Finishes, it was not as easy as i thought it would be, but the results were fantastic and very happy to have the oppertunity to work on this car.

Thanks for viewing

Robert
    Prism Detailing

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Wicked car! Looks great.

3. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

man that is sick!!!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Kudos for working with matte, still scares me if I had to do it! Car looks great!

5. Prism

It is not the best to work with tbh, 10 hours to do a "Protection Detail", but it was not easy to buff and I was sweating buckets !

6. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

So was the whole car wrapped in a black matt tape? or was it painted matt black? Cause if thats a wrap, holy crap what a great job!

7. Prism

yeah a wrap done by 3M in Germany

8. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Wow! it looks great, of corse I can't see it in person but it looks good from my house! haha

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

That's a sick Focus!!

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Those cars are so badass!!!

Why can't we get the RS here?????

Great work on that finicky matte finish!