Ford Fiesta - Dodo Juice Correction Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was asked recently to carry out a detail on a Ford Fiesta Zetec. The car is 3 years old and never been detailed, and washed poorly whenever it was washed....onto the pics of the detail:

On arrival:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started with cleaning the alloys with Chemical Guys Diablo wheel cleaner and the tyres with Surfex APC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The treated the alloys with Iron Cut:

[​IMG]

The the door shuts were cleaned with Surfex APC:

[​IMG]

Then onto the Engine Bay, again using Surfex APC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the car was rinsed down and then washed using 2BM, Dodo Juice BTBM and a Dodo Juice Yeti Wash Mitt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Onced washed then treated with Autosmart Tardis, initially attempted with Dodo Juice Tarmalade, but there was just too much tar to waste the Tarmalade, then the car was clayed with Dodo Juice Gentle Grey Clay bar and Dodo Juice Born Slippy for lube:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was washed once again then dried using a hot air dryer (from carwashnwax):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this time I inspected the paint for defects:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint depth readings were taken (pics didnt upload), then a test area to decide on compound and pad combination:

[​IMG]

50/50 pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and corrected:

[​IMG]

Used Chicago Pneumatic Rotary, Chemical Hex Logic Pads (green/white/black) and Menzerna Compounds and Dodo Juice Lime Prime:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Results after correction (before waxing):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was then treated to two coats of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro applied approx an hour apart, the Alloys were treated to Zaino Z2 then Swissvax Autobahn, the Class cleaned with Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol glass cleaner, the side glass treated with Dodo Juice Red Mist, the door shuts treated to Red Mist, the trim treated with Swissvax Nano Express the Tyres with Swissvax Pneu. I hoovered the Interior and steam cleaned the interior including the dash and interior plastics.

The end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing

Robert Turner
    Prism Detailing

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Looks great I have wanted to try PHP for a while but have other Dodo waxes still at home that I have yet to try

3. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Personally i put PHP up there with the best waxes out there.....and everyone else who I recommended it to loves it as well.....

But I am waiting for Supernatural Hybrid, hopefully that will be something more special again :)

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Lovely work, mate! Car came out beautiful! Thanks for sharing.