Foamers... Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mrinken, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mrinken

mrinken New Member

Searching for Christmas ideas for pops... I've gotten my Dad addicted to Adam's Polishes, but they don't offer a foamer, at least not at the moment... I bought the Uber foamer and absolutely love it, but he doesn't like dragging his pressure washer out every time, so I'm wanting to get him one that attaches straight to the water hose.

My question is, other than the price, what's the difference between the Gilmore Foamaster II, and the Gilmore Foam Gun Kit? Does one of them provide a richer lather, built better, easier to use, etc.? I don't mind spending more if it's justified, just trying to figure out why the Gun Kit is 2x the price. TIA.

2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Gilmore II is what I have and it's wonderful! I picked mine off amazon and picked up some CG maxi suds 2 and it worked pretty well but decided to go with some Meg's Hyperwash because of the dilution rate (400:1) but any soap will do. It's a great addition to anyone's collection!

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I got the Foamaster II and it works fine. I kept it as a backup if my foam cannon/pressure washer failed. You should be ok with that unit.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

+1 Gilmore II and Megs Hyperwash is a great combo

5. right2defend

right2defend New Member

How are you mixing the Megs Hyperwash in the Gilmore II since the dilution ratio is 1oz to five gallons and the lowest setting on the Gilmore II is 1oz to 1 gallon?

6. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

If you wanted to keep the dilution exact you would want to put a 5:1 mix in the bottle. I do believe.

7. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Honestly, I don't really measure. If I had to guess 2-3 oz, fill the rest with water and shake. I use Megs Hyperwash and CG CWG to strip sealant/wax for all my details. For maintenance washes I use DG 902 at 1-2 oz.