Foam gun and NXT soap ?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by xyz10, May 14, 2010.

1. xyz10

xyz10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Will the NXT soap generate plenty of foam ? I am looking to buy a foam gun and already have 2 new jugs of NXT soap lying around.

2. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Why not? Though you may have to play with the settings in the bottle and on the knob of the thing.. Your water hardness/softness may come into play with the foam as well.

3. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

you'll most likely have to dilute it a little with water as it's too thick to siphon up the tube. while both the gold class and nxt washes work well in the bucket, they don't work really well with the foam gun IME...

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Never used NXT Wash, but from what I've heard/read, it is a very foamy and sudsy wash soap and should work great in the foam gun. Use 4oz of soap + the rest water in the container, use setting C and you should get plenty of suds. Settings D or E will give even more suds but may use too much product too quickly for your preference.

5. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

how many cars can you wash with 4oz of soap in the foamgun?

6. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

In a foam gun I would imagine only 1 or 2 depending on how long you are foaming for. You should useing about 4oz for your 4-5 gallon bucket washes anyway but I think A lot of people put much more volume of shampoo in their foamgun bottles, I put more in my cannon and gun as well. But again its a less expensive shampoo so I never mind using tons of it.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I always mix up my foam gun or cannon (and share my mixtures) based on washing one car. I do this because after each wash, I rinse out my foam gun/cannon thoroughly in the sink so that the soap and water do not dry up on the fittings and stuff which leads to foam gun problems down the road.