foam cannon question

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by distrbd, Apr 6, 2008.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I'm trying my newly acquired foam cannon and wondering what soap and @what ratio have you had success with?
    I tried 2 oz of CG's CW&G and one oz of regular auto (car wash)soap,but it looks like the cg&w is way too strong and it removes the LSP,so I'm trying to find other combo to use.
    How is DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo with cw&g?should I put more than 3oz of soap?
    Thanks for your help.
    Ken.

2. distrbd

distrbd New Member

It's alright ,I figured it out.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

So if you don't mind me asking distrbd what did you end up going with? If all goes well I'll be getting a foam gun as well...but not sure just yet.

4. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Well ,it looks like I get better /thicker foam if I increase the out put using the mixture level ( knob) on the foam gun,and also adding more soap like 5,1/2 oz of soap will be just enough .
    The only thing is by increasing the out put the foam bottle empties quickly so you have to be fast and make sure you have covered the whole car in that time ,or else will have to stop in the middle of the job and refill the bottle .
    I will get the hang of it soon,all it takes is a couple of more washes with the gun to get the timing right,also I have heard DP extreme foam soap works better but will have to try other soaps I have first,will up date .
    Nica ,I highly recommend a foam cannon ,it's fast , easy, and a lot of fun.

5. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

May I ask what kind of Pressure Washer you are using and if its electric and gas and is electric sufficient enough to produce foam and also the Lance foaming gun, specs and where you bought it.. Id like to see some pictures of your foaming.. Thanks..

6. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I didn't take a picture of the foam on the car ,I will next time,the Pw is a gas powered one ,Briggs& Staratton 2200 Elite series,if you want to know more about the foam cannon ,here's the thread :
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f39/foam-cannon-arrived-us-887.html
    Any pressure washer I believe should work with a foam cannon as long as it has the right fitting and also enough psi and GPM,I think a minimum of 1500PSI /1.6 GPM should work,I know some might say even less powerful PW will work but if you ask me I wouldn't go lower than what I mentioned after all a thick foam is what we are after right?

7. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Sorry Nica I just realized I didn't give you the soap ratio in my last reply,well I had better success (thicker foam)with only one oz of CG cw&g and 4. 1/2 oz of 3M car wash shampoo.

8. Usjdmtuner

thanks so much.. i was wondering what happened to that one thread where he was selling the entire foam gun with the hose.. cause I was planning on buying Karcher PW with new hose also..

9. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I think I know the one your talking about,and it was gone /sold after a couple of days.
    if you Get this one you will be happy ,this place also sells hoses and guns which you can buy and connect to your electric pw.

PressureParts.com Offers ::Foam Cannon With Tank

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for sharing with us distrbd, the only thing holding me back from purchasing a foam gun is just that silly bylaw rule here in Calgary. See technically we aren't allowed to wash our vehicles outside, actually the rule is that no soap is allowed to go in the drains. I can rinse the car outside with just water but where's the fun in that :confused:

So that's the only reason why I haven't purhcased mine just yet, soon I'll have my own shop and then I'll purhcase the foam gun along with the pressure washer I've been dying to purhcase :cheerl:

I just hate the waiting game :waiting:

11. Usjdmtuner

Nica.. that sucks that you cant wash outside... but whats good is you can drive JDM cars there... yeah... anyways, cant wait for your shop also...

12. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

what is the cheapest way to hook up the foam cannon directly to the karcher?

13. distrbd

distrbd New Member

A few members here have Karcher pw,and use some sort of adaptor for a foam cannon.
    I personally have no clue.:sorry:

14. devast8

devast8 New Member

15. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I wouldn't waste my money on these stuff, its only a soap dispenser,but what you could do is to modify it(like one member did) by cutting it just below the bottle and thread the end of the piece to size 1/4" MNPT,it will then fit most of the foam cannons or at least the ones from pressure parts.com.

16. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Don't waste your money. I purchase one and was disappointed. It empties very fast. Get the foam cannon. You will be very happy.

17. devast8

devast8 New Member

That's what I though also....

I asked because I emailed pressureparts.com regarding some fittings and adapter so it could fit on karcher and the guy said to buy this instead :shead:

most likely I will end up with a canon and a new trigger/hose