Foam Cannon help

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by BoostedMk6, Apr 14, 2011.

1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I recently purchased a foam cannon for my 1800psi karcher power washer and tried it out today. It seems no matter how I played with the settings on the gun I couldn't get thick foam that clings to the car. I filled the bottle about half way with water and added two ounces of Meguairs deep crystal wash.

I'm not sure if I need more soap or maybe if I need to use a different soap. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I think you need something like a "snow foam" product. Those that I read about having foam cannon's don't really use deep crystal wash to my knowledge.

3. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Thanks, i didn't know the soap made a huge difference. I think I'll have to get some Duragloss soap and give it a try.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Megs deep crystal wash is junk. If you are planning to use Megs product, try out Hyper Wash or Shampoo Plus. Both work pretty well with a foam cannon, Shampoo Plus surprised me. Both are cost efficient too.

5. ehowitt

ehowitt Virgin Detailer

use Megs Hyper Wash and don't dilute it full the foam cannon bottle with pure megs Hyper wash

6. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

+1, I've seen Megs hyper wash used as a foam cannon soap, it worked great.

7. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

DP Xtreme Foam.

8. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

How about Gold Class? I'm looking for something i can get OTC.

9. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Gold class is nice, it foams up well. Should work good in the foam cannon.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

that's a strong solution you are using, and isn't cost effective either. I use 2 oz of Megs Hyper wash, and the rest of the bottle filled with water. Works very well with Cam Spray PW and foam cannon.

DP is an excellent choice. Too bad they don't have it on sale very often, because @ $50 a gallon it's pricey. Megs Hyper Wash is much cheaper, and works equally well...

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Chemical Guys Maxisuds II its cheap and works great 2oz to 900ml of filtered water shake it up a bit because its some thick gel like soap and set the dial to the max foam setting and you will blanket your vehicle in thick saving like foam. I also have a Karcher mine is the 5.85 M which is 1.5 gpm and 1850psi the foam cannon I got from PWM it works great. The gallon should last you a year to over a year if you are washing one vehicle weekly.

Car Wash Shampoo Maxi Suds No Wax

12. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

I've forgotten how long its been since I started using a foam cannon.......While foaming is exciting to the eyes its not everything. DP will foam like crazy, but cleaning is lame as are many foam touted soaps. The reason for foaming is to increase dwell time, and try to limit mechnical washing. I can get a darn good touchless wash with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss, excellent foaming, great dwell time, the best cleaning of all I have tried (I've tried a TON). I mix 2oz to 28oz of water, you can add 1oz of Z7 seems to help with foaming. Turn down the RPMs (throttle down) on the washer and lay out the foam. One of largest contributors to good foam is water quality, if I use DI water I can use WAY less soap and get the same effect.

Cheers,
    GREG