Flex L 3403 VRG Rotary Anybody have one?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by gmblack3, Jan 20, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

In 20 mins of google searching, I can't find a price in the US. I saw a post over on DW where someone had just ordered one.

Anybody have any experience with this rotary?

Welcome to FLEX North America

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I was considering one of these as well. It uses metric threading which IMO sucks, but other than that it looks good. I would PM "theotherpc" and ask him. I think he was going to buy one. I don't think Paul is on this forum, but he is on a lot of other forums.

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I have used it a few times, and like it. Very good machine, nice and light!!

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I am not very interested in this...but I don't want to spend a lot on a rotary because I have broken 2 of them already. One my dad ran over with his Jeep, the other I spilled a half bottle of UQD inside of the machine (luggage). Both probably my fault! If this bad boy is under 400 I am interested!

5. gmblack3

Thanks guys!

Flex NA says the retail is $334. A local place here in the Atlanta area says they can sell it for $220. Interesting price, if I did not have the metabo I would buy one.

Maybe I should sell my Hitachi to help pay for this. :woot:

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Really you can get that machine for about $220 :what:

Got a link, I've been very curious on the Flex rotary...um...Chris can you get it? :whistle:

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

betcha he can. I think flex actually wants you to sell the rotaries before you can sell the DA's.

:D:D you should get the dynabrade....it is cool! 5.9 LB but 9 amps. Build like a tank.

8. gmblack3

Carlos, I called Powerhouse Dist. today and they said $199+$10 shipping.

They just added a direct link today.

9. eShine

eShine Guest

Nica, I can likely get some. I was going to start carrying Flex Rotaries shortly. Sneek, it doent not use metric thread, it used the standard 5/8-11 thread. Nica I can likely come real close to Powerhouses prices.

10. gmblack3

I think I am going to sell my hitachi and get the 3403.

11. eShine

eShine Guest

I do not think I will carry the polisher. As a matter of fact I am not sure how much longer I will carry any Flex products. Powerhouse it cutting throats of all other distributors and setting the market prices of these machines waay toooo low. I can purchase the machine as a distributor which BTW has a MSRP of $334 for $170. Am I going to bother when Powerhouse is selling for $190? Hell no. Id rather invest in a $50 wax to make my $20. Unfortunately when manufacturers do not enforce minimum selling prices these kinda things happen. Great for the end user but just not make it a logical business decision for small-medium distributors.

12. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

That's not a bad price for them. Also time will tell what the price's are going to be later this year. They just want to cut out the middle man.

13. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

One thing I noticed is that 6.5" is the maximum pad size recommended. I wonder if that causes overheating???

14. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

I'm going to pick one up when I have the funds, I'm broke after all the Dodo.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I was lookin gat that as well, seems like it would be like the Metabo and the over heating problems. Now I don't use anything bigger then a 6.5inch pad even wool, I've got some 6inch Menzerna wool pads so I'm prity much set but I don't like restrictions :shakehead:

16. Nica

Nica Banned

That's what I like to hear...but I'll do a bit of reading first before I pull the triger....I really like the shape of it...but I'm just curious if it will have the same issues as the Metabo :tumbleweed:

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Good question. I have been looking at a Makita 9227. The Flex appears to be lighter (4.85 vs. 6.6) and have more power (11.5 amps vs. 10). Although, the Flex is listed as going from 1100 rpm to 3700 vs. 600 to 3K for the Makita. Thoughts?

18. gmblack3

Since they only recommend a 6.5" or smaller pad with it. I think I will pass on this flex. I use the 8" edge wool pads for all of my compounding.

Here is what Porta from Sweden says as he has the same model:

19. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

curious as well if anyone has use this.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

blk45, I'd go over with the Makita in stead. I think this Flex rotary is goin got have restrictions and restrictions are not good :shakehead: :shakehead: well at least I don't like restrictions.

I've been using the Makit and you can slap any size of pad you want and it will keep on going :thumb: